Lets just pretend I want to come BACK to Jersey...

FireGuard69

Yes, I know, stupit me.

Bite me.

Anyway, lets say I graduate Paramedic school here in Fla, and pass my NR (Gotta do em first, I KNOW, but knowing this info will help with career planning)

And that bug up my @ss that wants me to go back to Jersey wins out, and I do. Will I be able to get reciprocity for my EMT-P, or will I have to do Jerseys version of it?

Once again, I KNOW I have to pass first, but knowing what I will be limited to do career wise will help, since Fire/Medics are a hot commodidty here in Fla.

Muchos Gracias!

(I'm trying to be cultureally diverse....or however you spell it)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I hope you realize what a pain in the ass this was. I had to create an account with NJ EMS to get this for you.

Go to this web page, create an account. Once you finish creating an account you will be able to access the reciprocity info.

NJ EMS

If some goombas show up to break my legs I am going to be real unhappy.

From what I understand, NJ still uses the NREMT-P test to certify Paramedics. So as long as you take and pass the NREMT-P test, and have the appropriate training, (enough didactic and clinical hours, which you should get from your program) reciprocity shouldn't be a huge problem. I know there are a couple of NJ Medics on this forum, hopefully they chime in.

As of a year ago.

You need to have a NJ paramedic service sponsor you.

The paperwork goes to Trenton with your school info (Clinical, didactic hours.)

National Registry Info.

Your time as a medic and type of service you worked for (911, critical transport)

If your school hours meet NJ requirements - you should get a Temp reciprocity for 3 months.

Then if you play well with the company you are working for, they make it permanent and you get your #( which is the same as your temp # but without the T)

Now if you do not meet educational requirements, they will consider your time as a medic and the type of service you worked for and may give you credit for this time.

OR

The Paramedic service that is sponsoring you will arrange for you to meet any lacking hours

via clinical or didactic thru them. Whether or not you get paid during this time depends on the service.

If you have specific questions. Feel free to PM me.

1. Pass your NREMT-P.

2. Get hired by a MICU Project. They will have to sponsor you.

3. Fill out paperwork from MICU Project Education Coordinator for Reciprocity. You can only get the paperwork from the Education Coordinator.

4. Wait a month.

5. Get MICP card in the mail. Your MICU Project will get a copy of the card also.

6. Be a good Paramedic for the 6 months you're on probation. If you're a good person, you will lose the "T" at the beginning of your number.

7. Join us smart medics in overthrowing the regime, to help pull NJ out of the Dark Ages!!!

6. Be a good Paramedic for the 6 months you're on probation. If you're a good person, you will lose the "T" at the beginning of your number.

7. Join us smart medics in overthrowing the regime, to help pull NJ out of the Dark Ages!!!

Damn! no telling people to kiss off? lol

Well, that is part of the reason I would like to come back. Jersey is HOME to me. I have friends, and family there. I want to see them get the best care they can receive. If that means me leaving a warm, RED state, to go to a cooler, BLUE state, well, so be it. :)

I'm all for overthrowing the EMS regime in NJ, too, but I'm more of a sit back, let other people do it for me, then come rushing in when the demand for paramedics goes through the roof. Then it will be Fireguard, Mediccjh, and myself running a nice little unit at Point Pleasant beach on Memorial Day weekend. Oh yeah.

Damn! no telling people to kiss off? lol

Well, that is part of the reason I would like to come back. Jersey is HOME to me. I have friends, and family there. I want to see them get the best care they can receive. If that means me leaving a warm, RED state, to go to a cooler, BLUE state, well, so be it. :)

When your patch is not wet, then you can tell people off.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.