Lets just pretend I want to come BACK to Jersey...

FireGuard69

I actually have CBFDs Training Capt. in class with me, and I know of of their FireMedics that loves both. Its the whole ALS Engine thing for BCFR. Since that got passed, they are REQUIRING all Firefighters hired to get their EMT-P within 2 years, of they can kiss their job good by. I am harassed, and made fun of since I am one of the few that wants to be there, and am not touting my Fire Dept background.

With BCFR the only ones who can transport 911, they force guys onto the "Penalty Box"

I ran across the CBFD "Deputy Fire Chief/Tactical Medical Commander" on another forum and got excited. I started to e-mail him. Then I thought better of it as I realised I'd probably just end up in a big fight with him over fire medics, lol.

I would LOVE to see the FireMedics skill retention level in an all ALS system where 10 calls a shift (24 hours) is considered a busy house.

Meh... skills are overrated. I am more concerned with the firemedics in busy, urban systems that are horribly undereducated to be performing the skills that they are so proficient at.

So Dust, that would make you a graduate of CBHS then?

That would explain a few things.

That was what, back in the Gemani Missions launched from KSC? :twisted: 8)

LOL! Actually, I moved to Merritt Island just before the the fourth Gemini mission, then lived there, Cocoa Beach, and Titusville through Apollo X. We bailed and came back to Texas just before Apollo XI. I went to school with Ron (Veronica) and Jon Di Minna of Ron-Jon's fame. But I finished high school in Texas. Cocoa Beach is still where I consider myself "from" though.

Last time I was in Cocoa Beach, I talked to the manager of Ron Jon's, and she didn't even know there really were people named Ron and Jon, lol. I think they retired rich to Australia years ago. When I was still living there, Ron Jons was about a mile farther south and was about the size of a small convenience store. I can't believe what an international phenomenon that place became.

I was just talking to somebody the other day about the rocket display on A1A just outside of PAFB, right there between CB and SB.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran across the CBFD "Deputy Fire Chief/Tactical Medical Commander" on another forum and got excited

Tactical Medical Commander :?

Meh... skills are overrated. I am more concerned with the firemedics in busy, urban systems that are horribly undereducated to be performing the skills that they are so proficient at.

I think only Cocoa, and parts of Melbourne and Palm Bay could even come close to that, at least here.

LOL! Actually, I moved to Merritt Island just before the the fourth Gemini mission, then lived there, Cocoa Beach, and Titusville through Apollo X. We bailed and came back to Texas just before Apollo XI. I went to school with Ron (Veronica) and Jon Di Minna of Ron-Jon's fame. But I finished high school in Texas. Cocoa Beach is still where I consider myself "from" though.

Last time I was in Cocoa Beach, I talked to the manager of Ron Jon's, and she didn't even know there really were people named Ron and Jon, lol. I think they retired rich to Australia years ago. When I was still living there, Ron Jons was about a mile farther south and was about the size of a small convenience store. I can't believe what an international phenomenon that place became.

I was just talking to somebody the other day about the rocket display on A1A just outside of PAFB, right there between CB and SB.

Boy Bro, did you just date yourself with that one!

The only time I go to Ron-Jons is to pick up tourists, or take my friends from up North there. Talk about overpriced, even with the local discount.

I'm trying to think of the rocket display you are talking about, but I just can't remember it. It may be gone. I mean, a half-century ago, that was new, things deteriorate with age! 8) :twisted:

Tactical Medical Commander :?

LOL! Yeah, that's what his e-mail signature says. Cocoa Beach must be a real hotbed of SWAT stand-offs these days, eh? The neighbourhood sure went to hell when I left! :D

I'm trying to think of the rocket display you are talking about, but I just can't remember it. It may be gone. I mean, a half-century ago, that was new, things deteriorate with age! 8) :twisted:

Hmmm... I HOPE it's not gone! It was right there on A1A at the southern end of Cocoa Beach, maybe just outside of the city. There is a huge Air Force Space Laboratory building on the west side of the highway, facing the ocean, and in the median in front of it are about a dozen rockets and missles on static display. It was there last time I was there, which was 1996. I guess they may have done something with them in the last ten years, but that would totally suck! They were famous! They always showed them on the "I Dream Of Jeanie" show, haha! Ask around about them.

Just did some Googling. The only thing I could even find on it is this uber old pic...

PatrickAFBBOMARC.jpg

I hope it's still there!

LOL! Yeah, that's what his e-mail signature says. Cocoa Beach must be a real hotbed of SWAT stand-offs these days, eh? The neighbourhood sure went to hell when I left! :D

PM me his name. I was just up at CBFD Sta 51 today talking with the Training Capt.

Hmmm... I HOPE it's not gone! It was right there on A1A at the southern end of Cocoa Beach, maybe just outside of the city. There is a huge Air Force Space Laboratory building on the west side of the highway, facing the ocean, and in the median in front of it are about a dozen rockets and missles on static display. It was there last time I was there, which was 1996. I guess they may have done something with them in the last ten years, but that would totally suck! They were famous! They always showed them on the "I Dream Of Jeanie" show, haha! Ask around about them.

Just did some Googling. The only thing I could even find on it is this uber old pic...

PatrickAFBBOMARC.jpg

I hope it's still there!

From where that pic is taken it looks like it is facing the AFTAC (Air Force Technical Applications Center), and is now the Northbound lanes of A1A, or is where a telescope is.

I just passed by the AFTAC today on the way home from Cocoa Beach, and it is DEFINATELY not there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.