Global Warming and Big Ambulances. An Inconvenient Truth?

Scaramedic

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably a little superfluous, but the picture in question is a German MCI bus. Not for everyday use.....

European norm (CEN) states that only one patient per ambulance should be transported. This means we have no need for those monster trucks. We also suffice with just the one backboard and KED and whatever else. If you need more of these then you also need more trained personnel to use them= additional EMS units on scene.

As for Dust's suggestions (some way back in this thread): the 6ft blond medic is on her way, but she's got halitosis and a personality disorder. Believe me, you're welcome to her.....

WM

OMG I think that Industrial pic is one of the ones we have on our lot.. LOL well yes we have one but I refuse to get into it unless it's the last ambulance available. Personally I love working in the mini mods we have, they are compact but not as small as a van. Plus they fit the bariatric patients in there nicely with me sitting next to them.. not too bad but I see no necessity for the international. Only other place that has an ambulance that big around here is Riley Hospital Critical Transport team and they have at least one nurse, one medic and one doc on board at all times IN THE BACK let alone a driver so they need the extra room

Ha! They blinked! :(

What this means is that they got caught blowing smoke and dishonest hyperbole, so now they're retreating to what they think will be a safer position. Credibility: 0

Actually, credible scientist still call it global warming. "Global climate change" is a euphinism that the republican, neoconservative oil think-tanks developed to desensitize the American people into believing that New York City will still be above water in 80 years...

I'm sorry, I used to think global warming was a total bunch of junk. I was a big fan of the belief that these temperature increases were just normal variations in otherwise historical deviations of temperature and ocean levels. I've seen too much literature from too many respected, skeptical scientist saying otherwise. 7 billion people are producing billions of tons of carbon emissions..

Actually, credible scientist still call it global warming. "Global climate change" is a euphinism that the republican, neoconservative oil think-tanks developed to desensitize the American people into believing that New York City will still be above water in 80 years...

I'm sorry, I used to think global warming was a total bunch of junk. I was a big fan of the belief that these temperature increases were just normal variations in otherwise historical deviations of temperature and ocean levels. I've seen too much literature from too many respected, skeptical scientist saying otherwise. 7 billion people are producing billions of tons of carbon emissions..

Ummm nice try. Anytime you use the word Neo-con your showing your ignorance by repeating what you heard on Air America. Global climate change is the term NOW preferred by proponents of global warming. They feel the public was getting confused by the talk of colder winters involved with global warming. The "neocons" you speak of just call it bullsh*t. But nice try to throw in a much repeated SP term.

The "neocons" you speak of just call it bullsh*t. But nice try to throw in a much repeated SP term.

Exactly. The so-called "neo-cons" are the last people that will be trying to put a positive face on this hoax. They prefer to let the doom-and-gloomers make public idiots of themselves. Why would they try to minimise that effect?

And why would the "neo-cons" care if NYC is afloat in eighty years or not? I sure don't. So long as they don't all move south when it sinks.

Ummm nice try. Anytime you use the word Neo-con your showing your ignorance by repeating what you heard on Air America. Global climate change is the term NOW preferred by proponents of global warming. They feel the public was getting confused by the talk of colder winters involved with global warming. The "neocons" you speak of just call it bullsh*t. But nice try to throw in a much repeated SP term.

Sorry, but the conservative administration that currently controls most of our country's wounded poltical system is not the same as the conservatives Reagan was running around with in the 80's. It is a totally appropriate term, although I will agree that it is a term thrown around by the 24-hour news networks far too often.

To make you happy, I'll just call them "evil." Not quite as silly a term.

As far as Dust..., ugh whatever. Your from Texas, it makes sense. I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise.

Evil Republicans like Lincoln?

Before you go with your "the party has changed since then" lets talk about the Dems. The true Democratic party died on a street in Dallas. The chance of a re-birth for the party died in hotel hallway in L.A.

You use the term Neo-Con why don't we use the term Neo-Lib. When I think of the Dem party now I think of the Clintons, Pelosi, Teddy, Jimmy Carter and UFO boy Kucinich. I also find it amusing that Neo-Libs think they are the majority yet they can't even keep a radio station on the air without paying the stations to run it.

Quit believing the lies little one, there is no difference between the parties now. Politics are just like pro wrestling, all talk and fake action. If not explain to me why congresses approval rating is at 11%, a Democratic controlled congress mind you. They haven't taken action against the President because in reality they are playing the same game.

Give it another 20 yrs and you will finally understand. My old man used to tell me that and I thought he was full of sh*t. It took me a long time to realize he was right.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.