Global Warming and Big Ambulances. An Inconvenient Truth?

Scaramedic

There are two sides to every coin. Although the doomsday crowd keeps bringing up these so-called "record high" temperatures, they seem to conveniently overlook the record low temp winters that follow. How is this possible? Easy. The earth, like man, is homeostatic. That is why, for each and every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Think about it.

So, we so completely eliminate "greenhouse gas" emissions that our summers get cooler and cooler. Then what? The Netherlands stay afloat, but our farmers go bankrupt. Another century or two from now, our great-great-grandchildren will be cursing our stupidity as they face the next Ice Age, because we have eliminated all the forces that kept it in check.

Hey, I love the Netherlands. Beautiful country. Wonderful people. Hott women. Primo hash. The founders of my ancestral Homeland. But if they sink, that's life. Nobody promised them a tulip garden. All good things come to an end. If God had intended the Ice Age to last forever, it would have. It didn't. Things continue to melt, and have been doing so since long before Thomas Edison invented the internal combustion engine. I am staking my life -- and the lives of my descendants -- on them continuing to do so, long after those engines are nothing more than museum pieces. If I am wrong, oh well. I was going to die anyhow, wasn't I? So really, nothing changes.

On the positive side, maybe this will all scare enough Dutch paramedics into emigrating to the U.S. that we can significantly improve our EMS system with their influence! :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, Bro... if things start sinking there, get on a plane before the runway at Schiphol is underwater. We're high and dry in North Texas. I'd be honoured for you to come stay with me. The Mexican dirt weed may not be up to your usual standards, but you'll adjust. I've got lots of room, so bring plenty of other Dutch medics with you. Preferably blonde females over 6 foot. :D

Can I just say that I hate the term "global warming"? It should be something more like "globally mediated climactic fluctuation towards extremes as a result of overall atmospheric temperature increase."

Not as catchy though... seriously, global warming doesn't mean it gets hotter and hotter around here, what it means is that global weather patterns are polarized due to intensified disturbance in the system from air circulation patterns being accelerated and changed.... meaning you get hotter, drier summers, the ice caps/glaciers start to melt a bit during those summers, and your winters and precipitation patterns become extreme and/or unpredictable.

Make more sense to anyone?

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Well back on topic. I need an ambulance that can carry at least 3 supine back boarded patients, I have had 4 back boarded in my ambulance. I have had 6 medical patients at one time as well. Those little toy ambulances that barely fit 1 patient with a small EMt and no supplys will not work in rural EMS.

They are dropping the term global warming, it is now just referred to as global climate change. Since it involves changing weather patterns not just warming.

Ha! They blinked! :lol:

What this means is that they got caught blowing smoke and dishonest hyperbole, so now they're retreating to what they think will be a safer position. Credibility: 0

Well back on topic. I need an ambulance that can carry at least 3 supine back boarded patients, I have had 4 back boarded in my ambulance. I have had 6 medical patients at one time as well. Those little toy ambulances that barely fit 1 patient with a small EMt and no supplys will not work in rural EMS.

Seen the bus that got converted into an ambulance? It was posted up here a while back... had bariatric capabilities, seats for those not requiring supine position or spinal immobilization, room for about 2 cots and then basically bunk-stretchers for those who just need to lie down...

It was really awesome looking. Heck, where you are, they're all trying to get on the bus anyways....

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Oh ok, I was wondering when it snowed in Fl. Thought I missed some global warming thing. :lol:

Scar, didn't you know that Global Warming is the biggest scam attempted to be perpetrated on the world.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.