Global Warming and Big Ambulances. An Inconvenient Truth?

Scaramedic

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ok, I was wondering when it snowed in Fl. Thought I missed some global warming thing. :D

I just thought that was the whitest, most beautiful sand I had ever seen! B)

Global warming is a planetary trend that would be happening with or without us.

Since a volcano spews more shit out into the atmosphere than we could ever dream of, All the big ass ambulances in the world aren't going to make a bit of difference.

Unless you choose to believe noted climatologists like Al Gore and Melissa Etheridge.

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

That sounds like a nice system to work for. Three on an ambulance is perfect.

Yeah, though the medic who rides with us is a FF and it's a different guy everytime. Neighboring GoldCoast in Ventura County has EMT+Medic, and the FF EMT can drive the ambulance so the two partners can work together in the back, if call is critical enough.

Global warming is a planetary trend that would be happening with or without us.

Since a volcano spews more shit out into the atmosphere than we could ever dream of, All the big ass ambulances in the world aren't going to make a bit of difference.

Unless you choose to believe noted climatologists like Al Gore and Melissa Etheridge.

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

How about climatologists like Michael Mann who have actually spent time involved in real science and not the pseudoscience reported by the industries?

http://www.motherjones.com/news/qa/2005/05/michael_mann.html

http://www.realclimate.org/

^

You mean like the founder of the Weather Channel?

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6130_102-0.htm...ssageID=2625318

Opinioins, even of experts, are nothing more than one man's opinion. He does not use any scientific evidence to back it up (at least in the website that you provided). As it has been discussed on here ad nauseum, you are welcome to your opinion, but you need to back it up with evidence. I'm sure Mr. or Dr. Coleman knows his field well, but in a true scientific debate there has been no evidence proposed to back up his opinion. His credentials may impress a layperson with limited knowledge but they don't have any bearing on the arguement.

I am not one of these reactionary people than think the sky is going to fall tomorrow, but based on all of the evidence that I've seen it is pretty clear that our climate is changing in ways that can only be explained by human interference. We need to start doing something about it before it does get to the point where we cannot do anything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.