Who wants to be an Aussie

aussiephil

One of my friends who studied abroad in Australia thought this was hilarious! :lol:

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• 1 month later...
Um, I understand a little of that but that's just scary :lol:

please let me translate that sentence into kiwi for the other n-zeders that get on this page

"Em, I endersund a lettle of thut bet thut's jest scary :lol:

stay safe

• 3 weeks later...

I had family come from Australia to the US. Actually they were Scotland, and were "placed" there, if you know what I mean. But they were innocent I tell you, innocent... :confused3:

• 4 weeks later...

2007 Australian Citizenship test

1. Do you understand the meaning, but are unable to explain the origin of, the term 'died in the arse'? - Broken down

2. What is a bloody little beauty?? - Any small thing that tickles your fancy.. eg look at that car isn`t it a bloody little beauty

3. Are these terms related: A.chuck a sickie;B. chuck a spaz;C. chuck a U-ey? - A. Have a day off work B. Throw a tantrum. C. Do a u-turn in a car.

4. Explain the following passage: 'In the arvo last Chrissy (Christmas) the relos (relatives) rocked up for a barbie (bbq), some bevies (drinks) and a few snags (sausages). After a bit of a Bex (Asprin) and a lie down we opened the pressies, scoffed all the chockies, bickies and lollies. Then we drained a few tinnies (beers) and Mum did her block after Dad and Steve had a barney and a bit of biffo.' - One afternoon last Christmas my relatives came visiting for a bbq,Some drinks and some sausages.After a bit of a hangover and a lie down we opened the presents, ate the chocolates biscuits and lollies.We then drank a few cans of beer mum got angry with dad for having a fight with Steve.

5. Macca, Chooka and Wanger are driving to Surfers in their Torana. If they are travelling at 100 km/h while listening to Barnsey, Farnsey and Acca Dacca, how many slabs will each person on average consume between flashing a brown eye and having a slash? - Have no idea but Barneys is Jimmy Barnes from the band Cold Chisel, Farnsey is John Farnham and Acca Dacca is AC/DC (all Australian bands and singers)

6. Complete the following sentences:

a) 'If the van's rockin' don't bother ? Knockin..

:D You're going home in the back of a ? Paddy van.(police car)

c) Fair crack of the ? Whip.

7. I've had a gutful and I can't be fagged. Discuss - Means I’ve had enough of this and I couldn’t be bothered.

8. Have you ever been on the giving or receiving end of a wedgie? No, but it means pulling another’s guys undies up around their arse.

9. Do you have a friend or relative who has a car in their front yard 'up on blocks'? – Means the car is not working and the owners have it sitting on blocks of wood DOH.

10. Does your family regularly eat a dish involving mince meat, cabbage, curry powder and a packet of chicken noodle soup called either chow mein, chop suey or kai see ming? – It is basically just a Chinese dish of chow mein?

11. What are the ingredients in a rissole? - Mince meat onions and tomato sauce.

12. Demonstrate the correct procedure for eating a Tim Tam. – A Tim Tam is a chocolate biscuit with chocolate in the centre and covered in it as well. You normally eat the bottom off first and then dunk it in a coffee or tea and suck up the drink through the biscuit..

13. Do you have an Aunty Irene who smokes 30 cigarettes a day and sounds like a bloke? – n/a

14. In any two-hour period have you ever eaten three-bean salad, a chop and two serves of pav washed down with someone else's beer that has been flogged from a bath full of ice?

..absolutely its a great bbq tradition..

15. When you go to a bring- your-own-meat barbie can you eat other people's meat or are you only allowed to eat your own? - You can eat anybody’s it’s all up for grabs except for the steak..

16. What purple root vegetable beginning with the letter 'b' is required by law to be included in a hamburger with the lot? - Beetroot and it sure beats the arse off the pickles yanks stick in there hamburgers. Lol

17. Do you own or have you ever owned a lawn mower, a pair of thongs, an Esky or Ugg boots? – thongs (flip flops), Esky (a chest that you fill with ice and put your alcohol and drinks in to keep cold, meat etc for bbqs usually.

18. Is it possible to 'prang a car' while doing 'circle work'? – It means doing burnouts in your car say in a paddock or street etc.

19. Who would you like to crack on to? – Means who would you like have a sex with!.

20. Who is the most Australian: Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson, John 'True Blue' Williamson, Kylie Minogue or Warnie? - Kevin Bloody Wilson is a comedian, John Williamson is a Aussie singer, and Warnie is the Cricketer Shane Warne. I would guess most Aussies would say Warnie!

Bonus Questions

1. Is there someone you are only mates with because they own a trailer or have a pool? – A trailer is a caravan. I guess they mean are you only friends with them so you can borrow the caravan for holidays or to swim in their pool.

2. What does sinkin piss at a mates joint and getten para mean? - Drinking beer with your friends and getting drunk. Lol

You may copy your mates answers, please submit this back to me when you have had a fair old crack. – Means submit it when you have had a crack at the answers (ie having a go at answering the questions)

• 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.