What do you say?

guitardemon

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're holding their head with your hands in just the right places, it doesn't matter what you say.

They can't hear you. :lol:

It is fun to act like your talking to them and when they ask what act like your talking louder for them. :twisted:

Personally, I don't think moving your lips simulating talking is a good idea. First off, they might really think they lost their hearing, and will start panicking, meaning they will be moving their head, neck, shoulders and back, just what you don't want them to move while immobilizing them.

On a different track, they probably can hear the vehicle engines, the 2 way radios, the buzz of the bystanders talking about the accident, so if they cannot hear you, they might think nasty thoughts of someone trying that, and complain to your supervisors at earliest opportunity following getting out of the hospital.

If the person doesn't want to talk, don't make them. If they seem to feel better with conversation, and you don't know what to say, just talk about yourself. Tell them a story about your kid, or your sister/brother/mom/dad/uncle/whoever... Just make sure that you are not a hand talker... get my drift? :)

"don't worry, if this doesn't work out for you, I'll see you in my funeral home. My second job is a funeral director"

Funny thing is, I waited until I got out of the funeral business before I went to EMT school. Felt like it was a conflict of interest. Though I do find that my A&P that I took in mortuary school has helped allot and I know that if my medic or the ER Doc needed to do a femoral cut down I could find it really quick. LOL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.