Former Firefighter/Paramedic Turns SWAT Doctor in Dallas

If you read the threads I was actually looking for information... but with the attitudes on this board it shows that the people here aren't worth the effort of talking to at least not in these threads.
Sure, that's the easy way out.

"Your replies don't match with the replies or attitudes I expected for my questions, so screw you guys."

Or...you can try to figure out why you're getting such replies, what their intent really is, what are the backgrounds and credibility of the posters (including an ER doctor), doing more research on the group thoughts on various topics already discussed, and figuring out why certain people reply the way they do (Dust isn't going to explain the details of his thinking on every post...but you can find more context for them by doing a search).

I first came to this site while an EMT student. One of the first posts I read was how basic, thought-less, barely medicine, borderline useless, (most) our training was. I could have given the site the finger and gone to another...but I considered the info, integrated, and have learned an incredible amount on this site. Which really is about rising above the status quo that we daily complain about.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... judging from the fact that you have posted more than a two line reply it appears that I have struck a nerve with some of my postings.

Actually, you hadn't until you posted this:

You remind me of a few of the fire captains...

Now, I'm pissed! B)

You came here looking for info, and some of us went out of our way to give it to you. We are not the problem here. Your inability to handle that information is the problem. Next time, perhaps you should just tell us specifically what answers you want to hear, so that we can blow smoke up your arse and keep you happy. Heaven forbid you be insulted again by accurate information.

Actually, you hadn't until you posted this:

Now, I'm pissed! B)

You came here looking for info, and some of us went out of our way to give it to you. We are not the problem here. Your inability to handle that information is the problem. Next time, perhaps you should just tell us specifically what answers you want to hear, so that we can blow smoke up your arse and keep you happy. Heaven forbid you be insulted again by accurate information.

In the words of an old wise man... "Tis Better to be pissed off then pissed on"

From the Police Medics I've worked with in the past, they all had to become police officers. Some were Medics before they got on the dept. Some took their EMS training after a couple of years on the Police Dept. As far as I know, no matter what, you have to be a police officer. You can't be a Medic and start work with a law enforcement agency. You have to have arresting powers and be firearm certified. You can't just join up and be put with a SWAT Team as a medic only.

Hope this hasn't burst anyone's bubble.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.