My first call

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first call was a 55 year old drunk that flip in the median in the highway and he flipped 3 times. We found him face down in the floor board and his whole face was colasped in! But he was still breathing and he was fine! But they took him to the hospital and fixed his face up and then took him to jail!

Aside from the obvious spelling and grammatical errors, it's amazing to me that after his face was collapsed in that he was fine.

The hand of God must have been with him.

Aside from the obvious spelling and grammatical errors, it's amazing to me that after his face was collapsed in that he was fine.

Yeah, more proof that college A&P (as well as English composition) should absolutely be required prerequisites for being an ambulance driver.

First call as a PCP student was renal calculi

First call as an independent medic was a chest pain frequent flyer who I found out generally does it to get a ride into town.

First call as an advanced care paramedic student.... let you know when I get to ride outs.

Don't they teach grammar or spelling anymore, or the use of spell check?

My first call, can't remember what I did last week, let alone 20 years ago. :roll:

Grammar and spelling and the use of spell check, what the heck are you talking about. Is there such a thing as what you refer to? I thought we all talked and wrote like that.

I am constantly reviewing my typing and my grammar and sometimes I miss things but some of these posts lately have been headache inducing.

See those two little words at the bottom right of where you are reading right NOW

That's spell check. Use it, learn to love it and you won't get criticised nearly as much.

My first call, was a 93yof from a nursing home just needing a ride to the ER for constipation. Sweetest old lady who held my hand the entire time to the ER. Wasn't a gnarly trauma, wasn't anything big but it really opened my eyes to what this job of EMS is. It is not all about the blood and gore, people call us at what might possibly be the worst points in their lives.

Savasana

My first call on an ambulance was a triple shooting with 2 pts dead at the scene and the third circling the wagon as i got there.

I sure hope you meant "circling the drain."

If he was circling the wagon, you probably shouldn't have made the scene! :lol:

And really, is it even possible to circle only one wagon? :?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.