What is considered high-flow O2?

AnthonyM83

Argh, second post due to loss of signal so here goes again:

Poiseuille's Law

In the case of smooth flow (laminar flow), the volume flowrate is given by the pressure difference divided by the viscous resistance. This resistance depends linearly upon the viscosity and the length, but the fourth power dependence upon the radius is dramatically different. Poiseuille's law is found to be in reasonable agreement with experiment for uniform liquids (called Newtonian fluids) in cases where there is no appreciable turbulence.

Try this link:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/ppois.html#poi

That Said: A point I would like to make is this... MEASURE the Flow rate at the distal end as this is the most accurate way of determining delivery.

I use an ERIE LITRE METER "made by Peter"....ok that parts just me. The fact is one CAN calculate the loss of pressure and compensate with flowmeter (s) the Thorpe Tube "the ball and tube deal" does allow for some compensation yet the Burdon (sp) gauge does not, bottom line when adding all this tubing together is the possiblity of LEAKS is far greater than minimal flow loss due tubing length. I was involved in a study, throw in a wash bottle/ humidifier and the risk inaccurate flow delivery increases 50 %.

cheers

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.