What is considered high-flow O2?

AnthonyM83

I just found a used copy on Amazon for $15. Thanks for the tip, VentMedic.
Way to steal my copy ZZ!...Now I'm going to have to order the $17 one.

Actually, I'm going to hold off, my reading list is 1 textbook and 2 shorter books long right now.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I get a student riding with me -- basic or medic -- and they are sitting around watching TV, playing games, reading a novel, or talking on their cellphone, I ask them a question about oxygen administration. I ask them something like how much oxygen they would give a chest pain patient in no respiratory distress. If their answer is reasonably correct, then I ask them what fIO2 range that device delivers at that flowrate. I have yet to ever have a student that could even venture a ballpark guess.

Well than I guess I can take heart at the knowledge that despite how fracked-up EMS is in my state, and how "detrimental to the profession" some of my opinions have been judged to be here, at least my Basic students aren't leaving our school until they know exactly that information. We have a real biatch of an Airway instructor. :D

Dusts first edition was chisled into stone tablets, yes a good buy, but the postage could be rathere excessive.

cheers, running in a weaving pattern and ducking for cover.

There are basic oxygen principles, theories of flow and entrainment that are applied to all Oxygen equipment. If you've had some fire fighting priinciples, you'll see similarities in the basic theories.

Hehehe... in paramedic school, I BS's a bunch of firemonkeys into believing that it was necessary to figure friction loss in oxygen tubing. Good times! :)

Hehehe... in paramedic school, I BS's a bunch of firemonkeys into believing that it was necessary to figure friction loss in oxygen tubing. Good times! :)

If a person is on a 3 L NC using the standard length 7 foot tubing, how much extra O2 will be needed if we add 3 additional 7 foot extension tubings?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.