Epi in NJ

dahlio

Any NJ BLS providers currently have Epi-Pen's on their ambulances? How is it working for your service? How many times have you actually used them? How many have you had to waste due to their short shelf life? Is it worth the cost to carry them on your ambulance?

If you're from another state, and do carry Epi-Pen's on your BLS service, please answer as well.

Those who don't know about the (not all that) new policy in NJ, you can read about it here.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the BLS care topic. If you are bls, and that is part of your care regiment, then this is the area for it. Sorry dust. :D

Sorry, but all point deductions are final.

No refunds. 8)

Minus five for posting in the wrong forum.

Drug administration is ALS. Period.

Well I wasn't asking whether or not a Basic should be administrating a drug, I was asking various other questions which you can read in my first post... So when I'm a medic, do I get to give out points? :D

My volunteer agency is supposed to be carrying them soon. Our medical director signed off on it and All of our members have to be inserviced on them first before the captain will put them on the trucks.

I have never encountered an anaphylactic reactio yet and any 'allergic reaction' or respiratory call I've had the medics as needed in adequate time and 3 hospitals all within a very short distance.

Drug administration is ALS. Period.

So people should die because they may not be able to obtain the services of ALS due to distance, finances or politics?