Nitro/BLS

James_ffemt

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always ensure I have an IV before administering meds...If IV access can be gained that is, some people just don't cooperate :lol:

What about a 12-lead? Unlike the IV, pretty much everybody cooperates with that. And it takes no more time than the IV. Do you wait for it?

And good for you for thinking above and beyond your protocols. :thumbright:

The current volly service I run with does not have 12 lead capability...In fact we just got 12 lead protocol in our region...to acquire them, not read them.

However with a little extra research and time I've begun to pick up some tips on 12 lead interp...now im trying to convince the higher ups that we NEED 12 lead. But the cost issue always comes up.

I believe at last check they said it would cost us around $5000-10000 a piece to upgrade our existing monitors. Just what I've been told. Instead of spending grant money on the upgrade, they decided to purchase new med bags and t-shirts for all the members...ya know...things that are really important and really effect patient care.

The paid service I run with on the other hand, does have 12 lead capability...and I love every minute of it :lol:

we in pa as basics can assist with nirtro under the 5 r's

usually in our county everything gets dispatched with a medic because we dont have medics in our service yet (dont feel the need yet :roll: )anyway they do the 12 lead assessment when they get there which usually isnt long after we do (witrhin in a minute)

many of us know how to interpreate them and can assist but that is all

• 3 weeks later...

If we roll a BLS truck on a chest pain we AUTOMATICALLY have an ALS unit sent be it an Echo or a truck we have ALS (MEDIC NOT EMT-I) enroute. Now as far as administering NTG as a basic in Ohio we can not give truck stock to a pt it has to be theirs unless directed otherwise by an advanced level. Unfortunately in ohio basics are glorified drivers. There again what happens in the back of the truck STAYS in the back of the truck

Unfortunately in ohio basics are glorified drivers.

Err, with 120 hours of "training," were you expecting something different?

There again what happens in the back of the truck STAYS in the back of the truck

Until it kills a patient. Maybe you could tell us if the saying, "What happens in the cell, stays in the cell" is correct after you get out of jail when you kill a patient by giving medications that you are neither educated, trained, or allowed to give [i.e. nitro that was not prescribed to the patient].

There again what happens in the back of the truck STAYS in the back of the truck

If it doesn't make it on the chart then not only is it illegal it's unethical. This is the problem with improperly educated provider's using meds. Anything you give a patient is important down the road. Failing to chart something is the pinnacle of incompetence.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cripes, its been a while since any monkeys around here have shown such a blatant dis-regard for ethics and standards of professional conduct. I do see however its your third post, so enjoy the chat room and then rack off, we dont need people like you around here :x

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.