Texas EMTs and Medics, help me out.

catmasher

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband went throught the two month program and it was not that bad. He also had me helping him. If you have the right instructor you can learn the materials.

So... you're saying the "best" programme is "not that bad"? That's an interesting proclamation of quality. :?

Learning the material is easy when you're only getting two months worth of material from a two year programme. Wouldn't the "best" programme give you all the education necessary to intelligently take human lives into your hands, and not just the very minimum they can get by with?

Same here Marty ( 4 semesters actually ). If I could have attended a 2 month program instead, geez, I'd jump on that, ............not! There is no possible way one could be prepared enough in 2 months to be a medic. I'm surprised the state even recognises that amount of education for paramedic credentialing.

The class is actually 15 weeks then clinicals. TEEX also has a 9 month course, which was the same length my class was at Blinn College. I really didn't mean to start a debate or for anyone to basically start telling me that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. I know some pretty damn good medics that have taken the TEEX programs.

So then, you believe that all it takes to be a "pretty damn good medic" is just the minimum amount of hours the state will let you get by with? All those two year programmes are a waste of time, because we don't need all that book learnin?

You yourself said that the programme in question was "not that bad," so you can't possibly be surprised that we're a little sceptical about the quality, and about what your personal definition of quality is. You also said that, in your opinion, it was the best school in the south Texas area, so there must be something awful special about it. I would like to hear more about it. I haven't been there. I don't know anybody who has, so I have no preconceived notions. But you can't just toss those kind of claims out there and not expect people to want more information about it.

For more information you can contact Don Royder at 979-458-4366. He is the program director and that is his office number. I'm sure he would love to speak with anyone about his program.

So because I went through a 9 month program are you saying that I am less of a medic than anyone who goes through a 2 yr program?

That is exactly what he is saying.

Correct.

Just like a doctor who went to a two-year Caribbean medical school without a complete pre-med education is less of a doctor than the one who went to Harvard.

Would you disagree?

And I'm not looking for a sales pitch from the programme director. I already earned my diploma. I'm interested in your personal objective and subjective thoughts on the programme and what convinces you that it is the best available in south Texas. After all, if it is that good, and they are doing something that right, that quickly, we should all take a lesson from them, shouldn't we?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.