Conflict on Dual Medic Units

Dustdevil

Sorry Dust. I answered your orginial question at the bottom of my original response, but when I try and explain why I do what I do, somebody always jumps down my throat.

And people wonder why I don't post that much in the forums anymore. I think they've proved my point.

Maybe I should go back into hiding.

I don't think saying people jumped down your throat is the best choice of words. You were called out on your rationale for performing certain interventions. The only reason(s) you've given is so that you don't have to explain yourself to a nurse. That doesn't make an intervention appropriate and people called you out on it.

Maybe if you can't back up your reasons without taking it as an attack, hiding is best. Hopefully that's not the case and you'll contribute to the forums. Difference in opinion is what makes a forum fun, and sometimes exciting. Voice your opinion, but be prepared to intelligently back it up when and if someone disagrees and calls you out on it. It could be a learning experience for all involved. You might teach me something or open me up to a new way of thinking, or the other way around. Or you could just read and take things in without ever presenting your point of view. Or as some other's have done, you could leave altogether. Whatever works for you. Good luck.

Shane

NREMT-P

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta agree Dust. You know I love ya bro, but that is something I can't believe you wouldn't jump all over. Even though it is your thread. That is the kind of timid nature that I figured would bring out your "Alpha-Nurse" mentality. :wink:

-Paradude-

I work as a medic on a medic/EMT ambulance, but I haven't had many conflicts with my EMT partners, so I don't have much to add on this topic. It's a different matter though with some fire medics that I work with. Don't get me wrong; I don't hate fire medics. Most of these guys are cool and have good skills, and I look forward to running calls with them. It's just that there are a few that treat us ambulance medics like we're EMT's. I know that it's not just because of their egos but because their captains are forcing them to take control of the scene and pretend like the ambulance people aren't there.

If the ambulance people are there, why not cancel the fire? I can't imagine why a medic on a firetruck would some how come into my call and take over, only to then turn care back over to me for transport......seems a bit ass backwards to me.... :roll:

Could, or would, there be local protocols that would allow ALS to turn back patient care to BLS? Say, a patient that is stable enough, IN THE OPINION OF THE PARAMEDIC(S), to have BLS transport, and make the ALS available for another call?

I admit the system is NOT foolproof, but I have had ALS turn care back to me on my BLS ambulance many times, without any consequences. I further admit I could have had a long streak of good luck in this regard.

.....and people called you out on it.

You see that's where the problem lies. I didn't ask for anyone to call me out on anything. You just naturally took it upon yourself to do it, because that's what comes natural to most people in these forums, hense why people like me don't like posting here anymore.

Nobody has to call you out on anything Connie. True, if you don't like posting, then no one makes you do it. But, if you are interested in new ideas, attidudes and ways of thinking, then post and be confident in your post. If you have something to learn then thats good for you isn't it. If not then whats the difference? If you post something glaring, then people are gonna comment truthfully. Its not to hurt your feelings or put you down. Its just the way our kind of people are.

-Paradude-

Regards All! My SITREP is not a problem inhouse at all however just now I'm working a two-tier system which can really be too many cooks in the kitchen so with regards to dual Medic partners it's a good deal & no worries. Here in LV it's an interesting 2 tier system that works but you can get some wanks who'll muck your scene time up with nonsense! Mostly though it's a decent time. Thanks for the time! Chute

You see that's where the problem lies. I didn't ask for anyone to call me out on anything. You just naturally took it upon yourself to do it, because that's what comes natural to most people in these forums, hense why people like me don't like posting here anymore.

So we can't comment on your comments? So let's see if we can figure out a thread goes.

A poster posts a thread.

The end since nobody should comment on it. If it's in agreement with the poster, then there might be an exception.

Those sound like some exciting threads.

People call others out for a couple of reasons. The first of which is for more information. The second is to correct an obviously wrong statement. The third is to further discussion. The fourth is to ask why you feel a certain way, or do a certain thing. In that process, people also tend to give their thoughts, ideas and opinions. Nobody called you a poor provider or attacked you. If you feel that the idea presented in your post is the best choice, than be prepared to back it up. Nobody is going to agree with you 100% of the time. All in all, this thread has been rather civil compared to some. If you don't want comments on your posts, maybe it's best that you don't post here. Hopefully that's not the case and you will contribute to the city here. The choice is yours...I already know that I'll continue to post at the city and contribute. I've learned quite a bit along the way, and hopefully educated people a time or two as well. But I also know that anything I post in a public forum is open to questions, comments & even criticism. I'm ready for it since if I posted it, it's what I felt was the best answer at that time. If I'm wrong, I'll admit that too and write it off to learning. But one thing I won't do is take something that's said on a forum and get worked up over it. Good luck, hope to see you around the city.

Shane

NREMT-P

Nobody called you a poor provider or attacked you.

......If every ED nurse with an attitude ruins your entire day and changes your patient care, I'm not sure EMS is for you.

Sorry, I take the above to be a personal attack. An attack on what I've chosen to do for the last 16 years (with pride), and wether or not I'm good at what I do. It was completely uncalled for and un-necessary.

How can I not take that as an insult???