REGISTR FORM / Calgary EMS / register as having anaphylaxis

WendyT

Does your EMS system have anything like this, so when you call 911 for someone in your family regarding anaphylaxis and you say: Jane Doe of this address has this and she is in your system, then they can look it up.

REGISTRATION FORM

If you are serviced by the Calgary EMS and want to register as having anaphylaxis, send the following information:

Name _________________________________________________

Home address __________________________________________

Home phone number _________________

Date of birth _______________________

Medical problem Anaphylaxis

NOTE: The registration is based on your ADDRESS. If you MOVE, please notify the EMS Department of the change!!

and mail to:

Public Education Officer

Calgary EMS Department

...so when you call 911 for someone in your family regarding anaphylaxis and you say: Jane Doe of this address has this and she is in your system, then they can look it up.

Look what up? The only information of any use to me on that form is the address, and the caller still gives that in order to look this form up with. Nothing on the form tells me anything about the patient's current condition, which is my primary concern.

I don't see any point to this whatsoever. Not to mention that ninety percent of your citizens don't have a clue what "anaphylaxis" even means.

Hmm...strange. Some services store relevant information regarding the address call hx to alert incoming crews via VisiCAD, as to potential threats and other essential info. Quite helpful. However, I've never seen anything like this before and fail to see the point.

Wendy, is this something that Calgary is actually doing, or something you made up for the sake of posting, or maybe even for attention???

Hey, its harsh, but its what we are all thinking!

Posted: EMT City Administrator @ Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:29 pm

Please use the report button if you suspect that people are posting nonsense just to get into chat. The 7-8 posts from people thinking that they are being helpful by pointing out that this is happening, is not. Just click the report button and leave the moderating to us.

Thanks

co-signed

That's what they had on this site, the link to the site does not work anymore, it was a bitch trying to get it to work on here without the page flipping back to error.

I guess what their thoughts were on this incase of the event and NO bushy it wasnt to get attention.

Maybe its a good way to know up front, if you remember the Medic-tag that took a USB port to use, it has all your information on it when the medics come, ok maybe in the future with more gagetry. Maybe someone's idea was a great one, just to early to tell. It would be good for a transfer or a laugh, either one works best.

And courageheart I am not posting nonsense

epicult (fail to see the point). Is that because your to highly intelligent to see below the concept?

If you want to contact someone, please contact Mike Plato

Public Contact Information:

Mike Plato, EMT-P

Public Education Officer

Calgary EMS

Public Email Contact:

mike.plato@calgary.ca

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.