beat this story

boeingb13

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to drive 45 mins across town to take a patient from the 3rd floor to the 5th floor, and that was it, beat that story

Congratulations, you have a JOB. Heck, I've been called out to an assisted living facility because a resident fell down in the elevator and the staff couldn't pick him up. No transport required. All we had to, were requested to do, and expected to do was help get the poor man back on his feet.

I can beat that one....we got called to a private home for an elderly lady who fell. When we got there, she was lying on the floor, her husband sitting next to her. All he needed was for us to get her up and take her to the bathroom, then bring her back to her chair. BTW, she had the sh*ts. Myself, being the newbie, guess who got to help her in the bathroom? At least they were nice people and very appreciative.

Hmmm...called out of district after having the call dumped on us to a 1 week old bleeding from the mouth. When we get there mom tells us she figured out it was from her chafed and bleeding nipple. She then proceeds to ask us tons of questions about breastfeeding. We answered what we could and referred her to her hospital, doctor, or breastfeeding support group. All I could do was shake my head when my partner checked in service w/no pt-mother had questions about breastfeeding.

All I could do was shake my head when my partner checked in service w/no pt-mother had questions about breastfeeding.

LOL!

One day we got sent to pick up a patient in the hospital and transport him to his home. This was a SCHEDULED transfer for a specifically SCHEDULED pick-up time. I got there and the patient refused to be taken because his doctor had not come by yet, and he wanted to talk to him before he was discharged. The doctor was not in the hospital, and nobody knew when he would be by. We couldn't wait around forever (it was a 911 system, not a transfer service), so we left and told them to call back when the guy was ready to leave. You wouldn't believe the stink it caused when I cleared us on the radio, "Patient refused." Both the dispatcher and the supervisor kept asking, "REFUSED!?! Your patient REFUSED?!? " A manager had us call him on the phone so he could yell at us that we could not clear a transfer as a "refusal." The supervisor was insisting that we had to call medical control for an official "refusal" on the patient. The dispatcher was complaining that the computer wouldn't accept "refusal" on a transfer. Then they all began arguing amongst themselves about it and forgot about us, lol. Idiots.

We got called out to are local WaWa for an assault Victim one night when we got there it was a pt that was already in the hospital that is right down the street from the WaWa the Pt was discharged 15min prior to the call. We got there and the police where already there talking to the pt we told the cops that the pt was just in the hospital 15min ago and they insisted in takeing the pt to the hospital so we did when we walked in with the cops the ER staff told the cops the same thing we did and reprinted her discharge papers and told her to leave. talk about a waste of time.

Hmmm...called out of district after having the call dumped on us to a 1 week old bleeding from the mouth. When we get there mom tells us she figured out it was from her chafed and bleeding nipple. She then proceeds to ask us tons of questions about breastfeeding. We answered what we could and referred her to her hospital, doctor, or breastfeeding support group. All I could do was shake my head when my partner checked in service w/no pt-mother had questions about breastfeeding.

Now that is FUNNY :D:):D:D

We got called out to are local WaWa for an assault Victim one night when we got there it was a pt that was already in the hospital that is right down the street from the WaWa the Pt was discharged 15min prior to the call. We got there and the police where already there talking to the pt we told the cops that the pt was just in the hospital 15min ago and they insisted in takeing the pt to the hospital so we did when we walked in with the cops the ER staff told the cops the same thing we did and reprinted her discharge papers and told her to leave. talk about a waste of time.

I'm sorry, but what the hell is a WAWA?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.