Help me convert Ruraltown EMS from volly to paid.

spenac

• 1 month later...

akroeze wrote the following and it just so fit here I had to paste it.

"FYI:

I worked at a base that only had a call volume in 2006 of 217 calls.

Another base in the same service had a call volume of 120 for the year.

Another base had a call volume of 80 for the year.

The absolute BUSIEST base in the entire service of 14 bases in the service had a call volume of 701 in 2006 and it was near double the next busiest base.

ALL of the bases, from the 80/year to the 701/year had fully paid crews at them. By the way, our wage as a PT employee was $27.16/hr plus 14% in lieu of benefits.

Care to continue saying it is not possible to have a paid staff at all times?"

Thanks akroeze for a great amount of proof that no service is to small to be paid.

Link that statement was made in: http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=147248#147248

• 2 weeks later...

City of Chester, Pa avg per captia income $13,000 with a population under 40,000 and urban landscape to rival rough parts of philly

Still plenty of money to support paid EMS. No justification to remain unpaid.

I guess your not really using my example the way I had ment it, but yes there is no reason a city/town/etc can't fund a service if there is really a need for it. Be it through a regional ems service, local municipal service, fire department based, hospital based, or whatever.

I guess your not really using my example the way I had ment it, but yes there is no reason a city/town/etc can't fund a service if there is really a need for it. Be it through a regional ems service, local municipal service, fire department based, hospital based, or whatever.

Sorry I missed the point of it. Thank you for your input. I definitely agree every service should be paid. So many possible ways to fund a service, even one with very few runs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.