Painful Stimuli Limits?

pacman

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO! :)

One less wanker on the rosters!

I'd be interested in hearing her tell us who taught her to do that in the first place. Although they would never admit it publicly, I wouldn't doubt some dim bulb EMT instructor did. Either that, or it's just more "monkey see-monkey do."

I agree that slapping a patient isnt a good way to test painful stimuli. I never was taught it nursing school or in ems either. They do it on TV but hey that isnt real life.

So it could be like dust said monkey see monkey do.

TSK TSK!!!

You guys are such losers......

Haven't you ever heard of mimeto-simian dermo-percussive chiropractic reversal of syncope induced by maxillary paralysis???

Sheesh, that was taught in my EMT-Basic training back in the day.

EDIT: After posting this, I read the entire thread and realized Michael had beaten me to the "punch".

Another score for the Jersey EMT volunteers.............

Good, I love reading this stuff!

She got what she deserved and I am not buying this whole "I am now deaf and can't see out of my right eye" crap. Suck it up woman, you got served, deal with it and stop slapping patients............

As a general rule, the method of applying painful stimuli to assess responsiveness is left up to the caregiver, but probably shouldn't include slapping, punching, kicking, nipple-biting, nose-pulling, noogies, or an "atomic wedgie".

Slapping the patient to make them come around is only acceptable if you do it while shouting "Live, damn you, LIVE!!"

'zilla

nipple-biting

Darn it zilla now I got nothing to look forward to.

Texas titty twister wakes em up quicker than anything. I never been brave up enough to do it but used to see a female nurse use it with great success when we brought in people that did not respond to sternum rubs, inner arm pinches, etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.