x-games crash

did any one see the x-games crash (jake brown).. if so what do you think about the medics letting him up and walking off the ramp after takeing a 40 foot fall to the ground? no cspine nothing any thouhgts if you have not heard bruised liver lungs and broke bones. :|

just a emt who is very big into sports and i do alot of stand bys for sporting events. have heard alot of stuff about he medics i back them 100 % but wanted to know what i could do if i was put in that sit. when you know they should not move and be in full cspine but are refusing. not trying to bust anybody about this just heard alot of news trying to say how the medics are worng i do not share that out look at all.... sorry if i offend you

It isn't cool to come off the field on a board. That is what its all about to these guys, Im tough, that didn't hurt. It shows weakness and you don't want the other team seeing weakness, it gives the other guy a mental edge.

These are adults and if thats their choice to walk you have to honor that. Most pro sports have doctors that come out on the field that assess the players, if they feel they need immobilization then it is applied. It just shows how truly few actually need full c-spine immobilization. In EMS its applied way to much at times to the detriment of the patient.

I would bet there were pressure on allowing him to get up and display that he was okay. Just like sporting events and other dramatics, there is more than just logic going on. He probably refused anything, as well as his team ....

R/r 911

They still should have C spined him, he could have gave a thumbs up or a wave to show that he was ok.

Against his will? Did you not read what Rid posted? It's an ego machismo thing. If they get up and walk off it's a show. Further, he most likely did refuse all that stuff. Just because he was unconscious for a short time doesn't mean he can't refuse when he wakes up.

We can say all sorts of things that *should* have been done. However, none of us were there to know what really happened. Until that happens, trust that those on scene acted within the bounds of the local laws and patient wishes no matter what you might think of what you saw.

It was a pretty wicked crash though! :shock:

-be safe

I work MotoX for ages 4 - 40+ and it's the same thing there. These bikers take falls that you would think could kill the average person but they stand up, pick up their bike, and keep going. It's what they are conditioned to do just like X-gamers are conditioned to take one hell of a hit or fall and get up and walk away. They may be hurting but they are going to refuse treatment. It's not cool to get carried out on a board.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.