BLS before ALS

Our next thread on "where is that topic now", put your hands together for our friend the dead horse!

<crowd goes wild>

Beaten the hell out of world over in classrooms, ambulances and web forums, they say that this horse has more lives than satans cat, is made entirely of carbon steel and is related to the fall of the city of troy, make im welcom, Mr Ed!!!

:lol:

Hello Wilbur.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to what makes them better than the high school kid with a first aid class, simple we come with the ambulance and we don’t really need you EMT Paramedics if you are going to be stupid and wast our time.

i read this great book by this guy called Allan Pease, he's an expert of body language and vocal expression. he writes a fair to decent book too about matalanguage, you know reading between the lines and such, so heres what i get from your post

"I feel inadequate and use my ambulance and uniform to identify myself because i have no other way to do, so anything that threatens me (i.e being left behind by education) is bad, hence, EMT-P is bad"

In any case, seeing as this is your first post to city and all, you wont have to read between the lines to hard for this next bit.....

You sir, are a tosser :lol:

And before asys finds this, ill ask....

Do you drive a yugo?? :shock:

-10 for being a tosser

A very big part of my post describes some things that EMT Basics can do. Some states do not recognize the EMT I and those skills are divided down and as EMT HP only. I feel that if you work in a system and are unhappy with the care of your partner or the area providers, then maybe you should have more input.

The posts that are written here represent some very educated people, some of these people cannot use spell check appropriately and some are EMT Basics and some are EMT Paramedics. This is a basic skill and it should be mastered otherwise don't work on any body

What do EMT Basics do?

Well, the smart ones go on to bigger and better things...medic school, nursing school, RT school, or perhaps they get a teaching degree.

The drones do nothing. They go to work everyday and complain about how there's no chance for advancement and complain that the pay sucks. They hope that the State will create a new Advanced Scope EMT certification so they can do the same "neat" things medics do....but instead of a year and a half of night school/internship they'll expect to be able to knock it out in 4 weekends.

EMT Basics are also expert people movers and packaging is something else that is mastered.

Umm, we teach our wheelchair van drivers to do that in a week. Got anything a bit more spectacular?

P.S. I used spell check and guess what it said jackass....

No misspellings found

sdowler.......

A word of advise....it's hard enough to be a basic in this field......don't make those of us who love what we do for a living and are tryng to prove our worth to the medics look like a bunch of idiotic fools.

Protocols are there to be folowed. They are not something we use to belittle or try to over ride a medic with. Follow your scope of practice......

Put your patients first!!! Stop trying to be in a pissing match with a Paramedic. Spend your energy learning everthing you can to help your patient and to better be able to know when you need a Medic by your side......believe me some day you will need one .......

Umm, we teach our wheelchair van drivers to do that in a week.

Funny how often we see these "expert" packagers and movers have patients walk from their demolished auto to go lie down on a backboard themselves. Funny how much dust you see on a lot of these experts' KEDs. Funny how often I arrive on the scene to find an expertly packaged patient who hasn't even had his vital signs taken.

Actually, none of that is really funny. It's just sad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.