New Mercedes Sprinter rig Antwerp Hoboken Belgium

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the look. It's a lot more rounded than the last generation of Sprinters. There's plenty of room in there for a BLS ambulance. The only things I don't like is the lack of padding (stuff happens), the lack of a jump chair (how the heck do you use a BVM if you can't intubate?), and the lack of access to the patients right side.

By the way, does the top part of the stretcher come off the base to form a litter? Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know AEDs had manual paddles, waveform screens, and came in LP10 carrying cases, but ok. I'll stop asking about it. :|

My bad indeed, like I said, the pics were taken a few days before, they temporarely used an other monitor, now we have the lifepack 12 wallmounted and a Laerdall lifestart semi AED next to the door.

• 3 months later...

Hrmm.. July 14th, long time ago.. DIN Compliant? I'm pretty sure ours is UL approved too.. Anyhoo. Most EMS Suppliers in the US do not advertise that model, they basically stick to three or four of the more popular Stryker and Ferno models.

Those MUGS remind me of the car that Tony gave Samantha for her first car at 16. All the reflecters and bright yellow.

If you need a reference to the above I must be too old for you. Or I just watched too much tv.

I started to buy one of the first Sprinters offered in NC, at the time American LaFrance was gluing their label on them. The only significant difference in the one I test drove was single versus dual rear wheels. I really liked the Sprinter, it had plenty of power, acceleration was great and stability was surprising for tall narrow platform.

As far as being cramped, perhaps they could install a McDonald’s avoidance system into this platform. EMT's and Paramedics

are too darn fat in the US, and yes I resemble that remark.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.