Scenario-4 wheeler accident

broken

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your pt is showing signs of decomposition, I don't think lights and sirens are going to help much. I think you may also have more problems than the femur fx. :D:D

I agree, I guess I didn't explain my point very well. That is why you need to do a full assessment and physical exam and continue that assessment en-route. I still think this guy had a head injury unless of course that's natural for him. :D

Thanks for pointing that out doc. I now see the error of my ways. :oops: I shall strive to improve these faults. :downtown: I will learn from this and do better next time. I will learn to finish my thoughts and how to ...............damn, forgot what I was saying. Oh yeah, and how to better express them. :lol:

But seriously, you are correct in your observation. And yes Dust, shame on you for not catching that. You must have been tired.

No way in hell would I let them roll me on my back or give any other medical attention after I was told to shut up when I screamed out in pain on the roughest 10ft ride ever or after I was told "youre gonna take this IV or were throwing you in the back of that cop car and taking you to jail,and then were gonna take you to hospital b anways.

Why do i get the impression that there is more to this story???????? :?

Why do i get the impression that there is more to this story???????? :?

Head trauma? Alcohol? Drugs? So many possibilitys. Yes even a slight possibility of bad care givers but hey only one side presented, so I choose not to try and figure out this scenario.

Head trauma? Alcohol? Drugs? So many possibilitys. Yes even a slight possibility of bad care givers but hey only one side presented, so I choose not to try and figure out this scenario.

Through collaberation with Aeromedic and squint while in a hyperethanoememia state, presently in-theater Millet, AND freaking 33 C weather!!! Have decided to nominate you for the position(s) of:

(current titles available)

1: Judge of EMT-City?

2: Jury of EMT-City ?

3: Executioner EMT-City ?

4: Barrister of EMTCity ? (an unlikely concept :shock: )

4: DUKE of EMT City (sorry taken :wink: )

5: Dean of EMT City (yea...that's stall is currently occupied as well :lol: ).

previso being: that WE are still in the process of "binding arbitration" in regards to of all the post (s) prior.

In the internm:

[align=center:2076a31285] It is Declared that This thread is now deceased ![/align:2076a31285]

Despite BEST efforts of rescuers and argumentative (and possibly combative ) nature of the said Paient)

signed "the TERMINATOR of the NEW Improved EMT City"

cheers

Broken,

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, and I'm glad the surgery went well.

I'm only hearing your side of the story, but from what you say it sounds like the EMT's did a substandard job. Wanting to logroll you onto your injured leg was stupid. Not calling for a base order for pain meds (if they were indeed paramedics) was also stupid. Refusing your request to go to your hospital of choice was also probably illegal, even if they thought you were making a bad choice. You're absolutely right in that you had every right as a patient to request a hospital destination, and to refuse any treatments.

Broken,

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, and I'm glad the surgery went well.

I'm only hearing your side of the story, but from what you say it sounds like the EMT's did a substandard job. Wanting to logroll you onto your injured leg was stupid. Not calling for a base order for pain meds (if they were indeed paramedics) was also stupid. Refusing your request to go to your hospital of choice was also probably illegal, even if they thought you were making a bad choice. You're absolutely right in that you had every right as a patient to request a hospital destination, and to refuse any treatments.

Hello broken, you found a way to get two names? This horse has been beaten to death and then some. Let it go. Leg needed to be traction splinted. MOI would make back board necessary. Were mistakes made? On your part yes because you crashed and for other reasons possibly, on the ff probably since they had not immobilized you, on the EMT's part possibly, on the hospitals part possibly. Be happy surgery went well, we are happy for you. Let it go, live and learn. Enough said on this dead post, actually to much said.

khanek also remember a argumentative, aggravated acting patient is a classic sign of head trauma, so everything said is from a person not legally able to make decisions. So then as a crew you do what you deem is best for the patient under implied consent.

I guess they teach you these things at community college?Head trauma,NOT BY A LONG SHOT.

I was told by an EMT the second I got on the scene that I was going to hospital b and it was the law.That was a LIE.

I WAS THEN BUTCHERED BY HOSPITAL B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT I KNEW WOULD HAPPEN IF I WENT THERE,HENCE MY INSISTING I DIDNT WANT TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!My life,my choice.

I hope none of yalls life is ever put in jeaopardy by some community college idiot who thinks hes a doctor!!!!!!!!

And as far as the firmonkeys,its a VOLUNTEER FD and they dont have jack for equipment,hell,they dont even get paid.