Vehile Lighting

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone remember the car that Tony got Samantha in Who's the Boss??? Big, Yellow and decked out with 100 reflectors and lights.

I have never understood the thought process of volunteers on this.

you have your personal vehicle that you drive to work and around town. You now drive your personal vehicle to a scene and on the way you get in a wreck. You are running blue lights which on a very dark and dreary day someone might be able to see. I have seen blue lights running on dashboards of an el camino and I can swear that they are impossible to see in bright daylight. So you get in a wreck driving to the scene, you go through a red light and get hit. You now have caused a secondary incident that you have to staff too.

After a while, you get a certified letter in the mail or better yet a process server giving you a piece of paper that you are being sued for injuries and pain and suffering you caused to the couple when you busted the red light.

You go to the fire chief and plead your case to have them help you fight this lawsuit and they say they are not responsible for your actions and distance themselves from you.

So now you have no support, no car and are gettin sued.

I know this is overdramatic but this is exactly how it's going to play out.

I would never consider driving my personal car to a fire scene as a volunteer which means I would never volunteer but the risks are just too great. It's hard enough to get the big trucks and ambulances to the scene in one piece these days let alone keeping track of all the vollies coming from all different directions to a scene.

One of these days we are gonna read about a volunteer fireman driving his personal vehicle to a scene and getting creamed by the responding fire truck or ambulance.

It's gonna happen, if not already happened, it's gonna.

Does anyone remember the car that Tony got Samantha in Who's the Boss??? Big, Yellow and decked out with 100 reflectors and lights.

It's gonna happen, if not already happened, it's gonna.

Best car ever next to Kit in knight rider :roll:

One of the fire newsletters I used to get ( yes I to was a hose monkey, but no more ) would mention accidents and there were several involving those responding POV. Don't remember which one did that. I am also sure there were lawsuits but have nothing to back it other than knowing how sue happy everyone is.

KITT

Knight Rider, a shadowy flight in to the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Michael Knght a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Michael Knight, a lone cursader in a dangerous world. The world, of KNIGHT RIDER!

Speaking of KITT, I saw a young man awhile back that had a Firebird dressed up like KITT. What a tosser :roll:!

It was fully dressed, complete with the red strobe in the grill and was playing the Knight Rider theme music on his stereo. I think I almost wet myself laughing so hard.

Just when you think you have seen everything............................ :lol:

Speaking of KITT, I saw a young man awhile back that had a Firebird dressed up like KITT. What a tosser :roll:!

It was fully dressed, complete with the red strobe in the grill and was playing the Knight Rider theme music on his stereo. I think I almost wet myself laughing so hard.

Just when you think you have seen everything............................ :lol:

I try to be anonymous on the forums, and here you go and ruin it. Thanks Jake.

And to think that "the Hoff" got ticketed for driving the KITT, as the "movie car" had the red forward facing lights. Whatever the local LEO authority, they ticketed him for unauthorized forward facing red lights.

Also, as the light kit in red is available in the Whitney catalog, they advise any potential customers for that kit, to check local laws on forward facing red lights. The customer is the responsible one, not the catalog folks. They also sell an amber set, and NO, while I want one, I'm probably not going to purchase it.

If interested, follow link:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product...r#CommunityTabs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.