Bash dispatchers here

spenac

I could write a long essay about dispatching here. I'll refrain because I am tired.

What is your point?

His point is he could write a novel probably a whole library, based on all the sorry dispatchers out there. :bootyshake:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my point was that if my employers saw my post about dispatch, it would not be hard for them to figure out who I work for . might be harder for them to find ME, but ya never know.

I've got a sorry bit of dispatch I need to bitch about, Caveats- 1) It's my first post. I've been lurking, take it with a grain of salt. 2) I'm a newbie.

Dispatched all day on transfers that simply didn't qualify for ambulance necessity. Fine- new guy, ok, sure. End of shift is drawing near when we are advised to meet another crew at the local pump shop for some fuel before another transfer. (we don't have fuel cards for each rig, but that's a different bitch.) Turns out we need fuel because we are going to a site 1.5 hours away for a 93 mile transfer of a teenage psych pt who, according to my dispatch sheet, "will walk."

Here's the dispatcher bitch: The presched transfer sheet was half filled out. No time of call received, no call back name, no number. no pt age, but "will walk" on the bottom. under medically necessary, a big "NO," standard on our forms, was circled. Directions scrawled on the back consisting of "L at bottom of ramp, L at lights, up hill, on L as crest the hill, funeral home too far."

Not complete info, poor directions that would've sent up to the land where Beetlejuice was filmed, and this dispatcher gave me flak when I called in, collect for I have no cell phone by choice, to get a callback number. This guy's also our truck maintenance coordinator cause he likes the title-I've never seen much done. Can we have a maintenance guy bashing thread?

Lesson learned- check your shit, don't trust whacker partners and lazy dispatchers. In the end, all was saved, and not much time lost. I'm just glad this big a f**kup didn't happen on an emergency call. ambulance taxi, at your service.

I'm gonna go ahead and start with I HATE HALF OF MY DISPATCHERS!!

Think about it though.,.. we hate dispatchers because we need something to hate. They are the ones sending us on calls. They are the ones "making us do things"..... and they fuck up....

Reality check.... we fuck up too. I suppose as much as I hate some of my dispatchers... I sometimes put myself in their shoes...

I'd hate to answer 911 calls.... to get an adress from a frantic "I YI YI YI" caller.

On top of that keeping track of trucks, run times, numbers, transfers....and other misc calls.

Mad love to dispatchers.

We love to hate you,.

I've got a sorry bit of dispatch I need to bitch about, Caveats- 1) It's my first post. I've been lurking, take it with a grain of salt. 2) I'm a newbie.

Dispatched all day on transfers that simply didn't qualify for ambulance necessity. Fine- new guy, ok, sure. End of shift is drawing near when we are advised to meet another crew at the local pump shop for some fuel before another transfer. (we don't have fuel cards for each rig, but that's a different bitch.) Turns out we need fuel because we are going to a site 1.5 hours away for a 93 mile transfer of a teenage psych pt who, according to my dispatch sheet, "will walk."

Here's the dispatcher bitch: The presched transfer sheet was half filled out. No time of call received, no call back name, no number. no pt age, but "will walk" on the bottom. under medically necessary, a big "NO," standard on our forms, was circled. Directions scrawled on the back consisting of "L at bottom of ramp, L at lights, up hill, on L as crest the hill, funeral home too far."

Not complete info, poor directions that would've sent up to the land where Beetlejuice was filmed, and this dispatcher gave me flak when I called in, collect for I have no cell phone by choice, to get a callback number. This guy's also our truck maintenance coordinator cause he likes the title-I've never seen much done. Can we have a maintenance guy bashing thread?

Lesson learned- check your shit, don't trust whacker partners and lazy dispatchers. In the end, all was saved, and not much time lost. I'm just glad this big a f**kup didn't happen on an emergency call. ambulance taxi, at your service.

Wow.

1. You get a sheet for every transport? We get a page saying, "run #, pick up time, call type [emergency, immediate non-emergent, ALS [CCT calls], Scheduled return, dialysis, hospital discharge] location of patient, destination, reason/CC/additional info."

2. Directions? If you don't know where the place is, dispatch will provide an address and you use your Thomas guide to route yourself.

3. Psych issues are a medical issue. Sorry peeps, I know this a rather unpopular view, but psych patients belong more in an ambulance than in a police car. There's a reason that, unless you commit a crime, in-patient psych wards are found at hospitals, not jails. Unless, of course, police officers are more of a medical professional when dealing with psych patients than EMTs (B or P). Granted, unless the patient is on a hold, hold eligible (danger to self, danger to others, grave disability), or a conservatorship, then a taxi could have/should have been used

And here I thought you lazed around because you were over tired from dealing with your frequent travelers you pick up or they pick you up.

Firemonkey's work the truck when there isnt a call and a medic works the phone for the cute chick who gave him her number.

Who here works the hardest? :wink: :D

Being fairly new to my community (out in the boonies) when I have to ask dispatch for a cross road/lane/trail etc...(when I'm "driver/ALS only") and they refer to a map page! Can't they just give the flippin info out, kinda hard to drive and look at a map book especailly when there's a person down! GRRRRRRRRRRRR :roll: [/font:6c25aecc78]