Field Clearance of C-Spine; Help me if you can

paramaximus

At least here where I am from anyway, thanks to Mr. Lawyer; apparently in a court case it went like this: "How can he be immobilized and still be able to move? So you lied!".

Good point. And your right alot of ambulance chasers look for that little details to make those involved pay

Yoo Hoo: spenac ... the defense attorney sucked ... I defy anyone to prove that other than a Halo or the Use of Chemical Paralytic agents that total immobilization without any movement can be never be accomplished ... then there's those pot holes in the roads that "ambulance drivers" have no control over.

When the prostituting (spelt correctly btw) attorney stated "whoever" lied ... the defense should have provided a better explanation, and jumped all over his arse ... Any tangible proof that a LSB prevents further injury in the Literature or an expert in the field to jump up and down ... don't think so.

Good Luck with that as the reason the patient needed "Spinal Restriction" in the first place now theres your problem.

cheers

ps I do not know if this is an urban EMS myth on the origions of the LSB ... ?

I was once told that getting Festus (after he got shot) to the Ole Docs room above the Saloon and Festus was too bad shot up to climb the stairs .... so the Sheriff Dillon used an old door ... ah Gunsmoke a true classic and why we use the LSB today. :oops:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoo Hoo: spenac ... the defense attorney sucked ... I defy anyone to prove that other than a Halo or the Use of Chemical Paralytic agents that total immobilization without any movement can be never be accomplished ... then there's those pot holes in the roads that "ambulance drivers" have no control over.

When the prostituting (spelt correctly btw) attorney stated "whoever" lied ... the defense should have provided a better explanation, and jumped all over his arse ... Any tangible proof that a LSB prevents further injury in the Literature or an expert in the field to jump up and down ... don't think so.

Good Luck with that as the reason the patient needed "Spinal Restriction" in the first place now theres your problem.

cheers

ps I do not know if this is an urban EMS myth on the origions of the LSB ... ?

I was once told that getting Festus (after he got shot) to the Ole Docs room above the Saloon and Festus was too bad shot up to climb the stairs .... so the Sheriff Dillon used an old door ... ah Gunsmoke a true classic and why we use the LSB today. :oops:

Well it is a definite fact that in the NFL they used a door to carry a player off the field many years ago. Now the NFL is one of the forefront in emergency trauma medicine.

Now the NFL is one of the forefront in emergency trauma medicine.

Are they still using doors ? ... some days I just can't help me fingers .... :oops:

Just a point of order here: the term "spinal immobilization" is out the new PC term is "SMR= spinal motion restriction"

At least here where I am from anyway, thanks to Mr. Lawyer; apparently in a court case it went like this: "How can he be immobilized and still be able to move? So you lied!".

lol, thats ridiculous!! There is more than one way to interpret a statement. How can a car that has an immobilizer in it still be moved!? But I do like the sound of SMR, might pinch it :P

lol, thats ridiculous!! There is more than one way to interpret a statement. How can a car that has an immobilizer in it still be moved!? But I do like the sound of SMR, might pinch it :P

Not sure if this is just a local thing but we term it "spinal precautions."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.