Securing your narcotic keys

fiznat

This may seem like a silly thing, but I am always afraid of losing the narcotic keys. We are required to keep the narcs behind 2 locked doors, and to carry the keys on our person at all times. The keys at my company have these little clips on them that people usually attach to their belt, but I've already had the thing come unclipped once and nearly lost one of the keys.

Just wondering what you guys use to carry your narcotic keys (if you even have a system like this at all). I was thinking about getting some sort of locking carabiner setup or something, but havnt been able to find a locking version that is of usable size.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a cheap caribeaner that is attached to a keychain.....non-locking kind and in the last 5 years not once has it come off.

Yes, but what is the biner attached to? Your belt? Your belt loop?

Currently, I have a miniature carabiner on my belt loop that I put my keys on, but I am afraid that they could certainly catch on something and rip through that little loop pretty easily. A biner over the belt itself is too uncomfortable. I like those little metal key clips that are flat and loop over the belt. Those are very secure, but obviously, I can't find one over here. That's probably the best thing going, although it leaves your keys jingling, which I really don't like either.

I'd be interested in hearing other options too.

We dont carry keys. We purchased these really small hand gun safes for the primary lock, they have a key code, and thats mainly it. No keys, narcs are right by the jump bags so we can get to them easily.

When I worked at the PD, I used to carry my keys on my belt (only about 5-6 keys). Here's what I used to wear them on.

[web:d5ea1ca14d]http://galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=NP053&cat=2981[/web:d5ea1ca14d]

Here is another option. You can leave one of the buttons buttoned and slip your keys over the end and button the second button. Pretty secure that way.

[web:d5ea1ca14d]http://galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=NP318[/web:d5ea1ca14d]

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.