Scenerio - Man mauled by Lion...

WARNING - This video is not safe for work. It displays a man getting mauled by a lion with corresponding injuries (gore isn't bad at all) and (far and away more disturbing/graphic) a lion getting shot and killed by a police/army officer.

Found this on a humour forum I peruse. It offers and interesting look into an unusual mechanism of injury and an equally unusual look into priority of treatment.

Make sure you clean that leg injury well there boys, it's not like bystandards were just doing chest compressions and AR on this guy...

EDIT - MAYBE I SHOULD ACTUALLY LINK THE VIDEO...

http://www.videotiger.com/lionmaulsmanvideo.shtml

PS - Yes, I realize that this isn't any "modern" EMS system. Yes, I realize that this patient was likely not in cardiac/respiratory arrest...This is still how EMT-B's function is the US though right? They probably stopped filming just before the epi-pen was busted out... :D

Ironically, they had Tigers listed on the banners. Which reminds me, I was working in a rural ER, when an elderly entered with large puncture marks on her forearm.. chief complaint .."Tiger bite".. I asked again.... Tiger bite? Yep, they had an exotic zoo and she was right. I have to admit it felt weird to document "Tiger bite, cleansed"..etc . I am sure the coders on billing had to look this one up! :D

Freakin idiots...

That ought to learn ya to leave them alone.....

I guess, maybe, just maybe, they belong in the wild after all.

And who does mouth to mouth...ew. :D

Ironically, they had Tigers listed on the banners. Which reminds me, I was working in a rural ER, when an elderly entered with large puncture marks on her forearm.. chief complaint .."Tiger bite".. I asked again.... Tiger bite? Yep, they had an exotic zoo and she was right. I have to admit it felt weird to document "Tiger bite, cleansed"..etc . I am sure the coders on billing had to look this one up! :D

I had one of these incidents as well. Definitely a "yeah right" moment.

Traumatic amputation using a Bengal tiger. Amazingly ours happened the same weekend that the entertainer in Las Vegas was attacked. We thought maybe the moon was in some special phase.

I motion that all people that will be dealing with dangerous wildlife have a basic understanding of BSI, CPR, and some simple knowledge on how to control a bleed. I kept waiting to see if someone would sacrifice a belt for a tourniquet.

Those "medics" or "prehospital health workers" didn't seem to have a clue as to what they were doing. :shock: I hope they didn't stay on scene long enough for the guy to bleed out.

By the way, poor lion. :lol:

I kept thinking why it took so long for anyone to react? They all stand around and wring their hands until someone finally arrives to shoot the poor lion (who is only being a lion). You think they could have had some sort of tranquilizer or dart gun readily available. Jeez, they are working with a lion, not a bunch of goats. Surprising no one thought there just might be a potential for a bad situation. :roll:

• 4 months later...

Bumping this thread because Im a newb and thats what newb's do :wink:

About 4 years ago we were dispatched For the "Eagle Attack" Myself and my partner both chuckled and called Dispatch to give them the "very funny" thinking they wanted chicken or sumtin for dinner.

We called and the dispatcher was serious... so off we went ..arrived O/S and found a 12y.o. with four large lacerations to his right shoulder... the "perp" was a juvenile bald Eagle that was found injured in the area the fall before and was rehabbed and released down the coast about 800 miles.. he flew back up to his turf and went after a football that was thrown to him thinking it was lunch and got ahold of his shoulder in the process.

It took the enviro. police and fish and game 2 or 3 days to finally catch it.. it had no fear of humans and was chasing people down on the beach that threw any kind of object football, frisbee, etc. It was an interesting call to say the least. :)

It took the enviro. police and fish and game 2 or 3 days to finally catch it.. it had no fear of humans and was chasing people down on the beach that threw any kind of object football, frisbee, etc. It was an interesting call to say the least. :lol:
That one's easy. Toss it a grenade.