Do you transport or not?

Transport patient to lunch or what?  

67 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes all requests for transport are transported
    • No we would not transport no need to call MC
    • We would provide taxi voucher
    • We would call MC to request not to transport

i don't do 911 unfortuntanly so i can't say. maybe call police. for backup and if the crew goes ahead and transports they have the address and name /birthday so BILL him for the ride which i know aren't cheap so that would be an expensive lunch.

OK you bill and guess what patient files it in the trash and nothing you can really do about it. Since you transported you can bet next time their favorite is on the menu you will transport again to. Caller was just educated that yes you get free taxi rides in ambulances. Cycle of abuse worsens as they tell their friends and it just becomes an even greater epidemic.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK you bill and guess what patient files it in the trash and nothing you can really do about it. Since you transported you can bet next time their favorite is on the menu you will transport again to. Caller was just educated that yes you get free taxi rides in ambulances. Cycle of abuse worsens as they tell their friends and it just becomes an even greater epidemic.

So many are on public aid so to them it is a free taxi ride. I'm not sure how much public aid in IL pays now, but in the mid to late 80's they only paid $18. The ambulance service usually had to eat the balance. I don't think there was a day go by that the boss would rant and rave about it in the office.

And those that did go ahead and at least went into the ER was just using it as a free clinic instead of having to go to a doc's office. That's something else that really burns me.

So many are on public aid so to them it is a free taxi ride. I'm not sure how much public aid in IL pays now, but in the mid to late 80's they only paid $18. The ambulance service usually had to eat the balance. I don't think there was a day go by that the boss would rant and rave about it in the office.

And those that did go ahead and at least went into the ER was just using it as a free clinic instead of having to go to a doc's office. That's something else that really burns me.

keep sending bills set up payment plan. i know over the summer an ambulance was called for me for syncope (i passed out twice in 15 min.) i went two blocks to the hospital and was billed 500 i don't have health insurrance so i payed 25/ 50 per month. get insurance info first. if still doesn't pay send out warrent for arrest,or repo man. if get called for that again say no. cause at the same time i don't want to occupy a truck with something like that when i could be using it to transport a real emergency. we all learn from mistakes. all in all this is a good question though.

keep sending bills set up payment plan. i know over the summer an ambulance was called for me for syncope (i passed out twice in 15 min.) i went two blocks to the hospital and was billed 500 i don't have health insurrance so i payed 25/ 50 per month. get insurance info first. if still doesn't pay send out warrent for arrest,or repo man. if get called for that again say no. cause at the same time i don't want to occupy a truck with something like that when i could be using it to transport a real emergency. we all learn from mistakes. all in all this is a good question though.

Actually not really any real way to collect medical debts as long as a person does not sign a contract for repayment after the fact. In your case you could have just filed it in the trash and not much they could do about it. Thankfully you are honorable and paid your debt. If you keep sending bills just costs you more and more money, so you just end up writing it off.

the medical debt wouldn't go to a collection agency? mess up persons F.I.C.O. score. i was taken by a city fire&rescue ambulance so i just assumed that if i didn't pay i would get served and then pay court fees. plus its the right thing to do. i had a roomate in college who didn't pay a parking ticket and a warent was issued for his arrest. so medical debt doesn't work the same way? learn something new everyday ha.

the medical debt wouldn't go to a collection agency? mess up persons F.I.C.O. score. i was taken by a city fire&rescue ambulance so i just assumed that if i didn't pay i would get served and then pay court fees. plus its the right thing to do. i had a roomate in college who didn't pay a parking ticket and a warent was issued for his arrest. so medical debt doesn't work the same way? learn something new everyday ha.

Pretty much thats how it works. There are some exceptions but 911 is hard to force collections.

• 5 weeks later...