Do you transport or not?

Transport patient to lunch or what?  

67 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes all requests for transport are transported
    • No we would not transport no need to call MC
    • We would provide taxi voucher
    • We would call MC to request not to transport

Sure ... but at least my service is trying to educate the public. You're right though be lost on all but a few.

Sadly the only education some will learn from is us showing up and saying no. We have to break the cycle that the you call we haul system has created.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although we've have had some do things close to this, I would almost transport just thinking he was a nut because of calling the rig for this! I would have to assume something is not right with this person. But ultimately, I would contact medical controll. My company would want me to transport (dont' want to lose the revenue). The other concern is if you leave and he walks out into traffic or drops dead on the sidewalk after you leave THERE MAY JUST BE A LIABLITY ISSUE THERE I have had them waiting at the curb with their suitcase waiting on us to transport them to hospital as direct admit cause medicaid won't pay for a cab

OK you bill and guess what patient files it in the trash and nothing you can really do about it. Since you transported you can bet next time their favorite is on the menu you will transport again to. Caller was just educated that yes you get free taxi rides in ambulances. Cycle of abuse worsens as they tell their friends and it just becomes an even greater epidemic.

i'm just wondering if there is a law in most states against 911 abuse?? if not THERE SHOULD BE. that way in these cases the p.d. could be notified and citations issued. i know it's different for some private services, it they think they'll make a buck they will haul anyone AMR/ABBOTT etc.

i'm just wondering if there is a law in most states against 911 abuse?? if not THERE SHOULD BE. that way in these cases the p.d. could be notified and citations issued. i know it's different for some private services, it they think they'll make a buck they will haul anyone AMR/ABBOTT etc.

In 911 you don't get paid up front. Transfers require prepayment or preapproval of insurance, or even a set amount per contract per patient transported. So transfers get paid. 911 you can bill and if they pay they pay if not your stuck. As to filing based on 911 abuse laws hard to make that stick.

• 1 year later...

Well considering that under the dispatch catergory of "Sick" we have "hungry" then I'd guess we would have to take this patient to the hospital. Oh, and what else falls under sick? "Can't Sleep", "Can't Walk", "Hungry", "Earache", "Headache-with no critical symptoms", "extremity cramps", need I go on?