EMT-B Pay Scale

I am paticularly interested in the difference in the pay between EMT-b, intermedeate, and Paramedic

I am currently training as a emt-b but shortly after certification I plan to enroll in a Shock trauma class.

but I am also already a nationally certified Pharmacy Technician so I am working at a hospital already, I just kinda want to trade specialties

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget "Shock Trauma." Your next step should be education, not another merit badge that gets you nowhere.

Get in college and start taking your support classes for a paramedic degree. Get Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2, Microbiology, Psychology, Algebra, your English Composition and whatever courses are required by your local paramedic school so you can be ready to get into paramedic classes ASAP. This "shock trauma" nonsense will just slow you down and not give you any real benefits, career wise.

Good luck!

Forget "Shock Trauma."

Whenever i see this gay ass title i instantly think of people being tazed as a deterrent for future indiscretions against society as a measure of "preventative maintenance" :|

Whenever i see this gay ass title i instantly think of people being tazed as a deterrent for future indiscretions against society as a measure of "preventative maintenance" :|

THE TRUTH COMES OUT!!!!!!!!

Now we know what your problem is bushy.

I am sure you can find a support group!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

THE TRUTH COMES OUT!!!!!!!!

Now we know what your problem is bushy.

I am sure you can find a support group!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

off topic...back to the discussion :oops:

Forget "Shock Trauma." Your next step should be education, not another merit badge that gets you nowhere.

Get in college and start taking your support classes for a paramedic degree. Get Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2, Microbiology, Psychology, Algebra, your English Composition and whatever courses are required by your local paramedic school so you can be ready to get into paramedic classes ASAP. This "shock trauma" nonsense will just slow you down and not give you any real benefits, career wise.

Good luck!

I am only training shock trauma because the Department I am working for does Free training all the way to paramedic as long as I go in their order which is EMT>Shock Trauma>Intermedeate life support>Paramedic

I am only training shock trauma because the Department I am working for does Free training all the way to paramedic as long as I go in their order which is EMT>Shock Trauma>Intermedeate life support>Paramedic

So cost is your primary concern over quality of education?

You seriously can't afford a community college education? :?

And are you actually "working" for this department, or is it a little volunteer hobby thing?

So cost is your primary concern over quality of education?

You seriously can't afford a community college education? :?

And are you actually "working" for this department, or is it a little volunteer hobby thing?

The Community college over here is a joke. and the Company I am working for is contracted by the Community college anyway for the medical classes, might as well get the same education free

The Community college over here is a joke.

Let me guess... the guys at the company you supposedly "work" for told you that, right?

Because otherwise, I'd be real interested in how you, as an EMT student without experience, came to this conclusion.

and the Company I am working for is contracted by the Community college anyway for the medical classes, might as well get the same education free

Ummm... if it is the same education, they why is one a joke?

Clue: Any "education" that takes place in phases -- like the one you are describing -- is a joke.

And so is any company that would hire somebody who hasn't even finished EMT school.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.