EMT-B Pay Scale

I did some research on the shock trauma and it is the VA equivilant to ALS-Intermedeate

btw - I work for a hospital they are offering it free.

and when I said the community college was a joke I was referring to it in general not contracted classes. I have done contracted classes there before for networking which wasnt too bad.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some research on the shock trauma and it is the VA equivilant to ALS-Intermedeate

Which is, as you put it, a joke.

btw - I work for a hospital they are offering it free.

What exactly does this hospital hire somebody who isn't even an EMT to do anyhow?

and when I said the community college was a joke I was referring to it in general not contracted classes. I have done contracted classes there before for networking which wasnt too bad.

So again you dodge yet another question. If you have not taken any classes from this college, what leads you to believe it is a joke? And with zero EMS education behind you, how would you even know if it was a joke?

Dude, whoever told you that "shock trauma" was a good idea is the real joker here. But hey, go be a loser. It'll help you blend in with the rest.

What exactly does this hospital hire somebody who isn't even an EMT to do anyhow?

your failure to read still hasn't ceased to amaze me, earlier in the thread I mentioned I am a NBPT Certified Pharmacy Technician

So again you dodge yet another question. If you have not taken any classes from this college, what leads you to believe it is a joke?

yet again you just didnt read I did answer the question, I took a contracted class which also required me to take other non contracted courses

And with zero EMS education behind you, how would you even know if it was a joke?

you just don't read do you, you read the bare minimum to respond and try to make people feel bad. I already stated the EMT course was a contracted course with the hospital I work for.

Dude, whoever told you that "shock trauma" was a good idea is the real joker here.

Well seeing as it will save me money to do it that way I say it is a good idea, I have time to take the courses so why waste money to skip them by taking them straight through the college paying a tuition and books fees instead of through my work who provides the class anyway who will supply me with the books.

But hey, go be a loser. It'll help you blend in with the rest.

Don't even try to go make yourself look better then anyone else you are just the same. you have the same flaws, and you are also in the same terminal cycle. Actulilly, allow me to correct myself, go ahead do it, all the time, until you do it to the wrong person and get really smacked up or get fired from a job.

your failure to read still hasn't ceased to amaze me, earlier in the thread I mentioned I am a NBPT Certified Pharmacy Technician

And your failure to stick with a single story is equally amazing. First you're a hospital pharm tech. Next, you are "working" for a "department." Then you're back to working in a hospital. Is it any wonder I am having trouble keeping up? Maybe it's just the lingo. Are you calling the pharmacy a "department" of the hospital? Or are you saying that you "work" for an EMS agency type department?

yet again you just didnt read I did answer the question, I took a contracted class which also required me to take other non contracted courses

Well, that is not what you originally said. And I'm probably not the only person here who has no idea wtf you are talking about with all this "contracted" and "non-contracted" stuff.

you just don't read do you, you read the bare minimum to respond and try to make people feel bad. I already stated the EMT course was a contracted course with the hospital I work for.

Yes, but it has nothing to do with the question you are dodging. You're still not making any sense. You don't want to go to the college because the college sucks. But the same college teaches this "shock trauma" course and it doesn't suck?

Well seeing as it will save me money to do it that way I say it is a good idea, I have time to take the courses so why waste money to skip them by taking them straight through the college paying a tuition and books fees instead of through my work who provides the class anyway who will supply me with the books.

If that is the only difference between the two, then I agree with you. But that is not what you said. You said the college sucks. I'm not trying to debate what you are saying. I'm just trying to understand what you are saying. You may well have a very valid point, but I can't understand what your point is, as it seems to be changing by the post.

Don't even try to go make yourself look better then anyone else you are just the same. you have the same flaws, and you are also in the same terminal cycle. Actulilly, allow me to correct myself, go ahead do it, all the time, until you do it to the wrong person and get really smacked up or get fired from a job.

Ooooh, Mr. Tough guy! B)

Listen, Bro. You asked for input here, and that's what you're getting. You're having trouble making yourself clear, and that is the main problem. It appears that another problem may be that you don't wanna hear anything you disagree with. But again, I can't understand enough of what you are saying to determine that. The only person I am trying to make look better here is YOU. We're just offering advice based on the stupid mistakes we have all made and the things we've learned by living this profession for longer than your cherry arse has been alive. You'd be wise to accept such things in the spirit in which they are intended. If not, like I said, I ain't losing sleep over it. It's your life. Good luck with it.

For the California people, how about a Federal job with Federal benefits?

Title: Emergency Medical Technician Agency: Federal Bureau of Prisons

Salary: $ 49758 - $ 64203 Sub Agency: Bureau of Prisons/Federal Prison System

Open Dates: 06/07/2007 to 06/28/2007 Pay Grade: GL-09/09

Location(s): FCI Terminal Island (California ) Openings: 2

Duties: What are the Major Duties of this Position? The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is often the first responder at the scene of sudden illness or emergency and sometimes encounters situations which may be life threatening. Upon arrival at the emergency scene, the incumbent must be able to assess the situation to determine the nature, extent, and seriousness of the emergency, assume primary responsibility immediately,and tactfully gain control and support of any bystanders. The incumbent must select from a variety of protocols the protocol which is appropriate under the given circumstances. Provides treatm ...

For the California people, how about a Federal job with Federal benefits?

and tactfully gain control and support of any bystanders.

"tactfully" hahaha face full of mace if you don't help inmate. :twisted:

For our service we have to shifts, intown and backup.

shift starts at 1000 and we do 24 hour shifts.

on intown from 1000 to 1600 i get 7.25 an hour and after that get 1.50 an hour. if i get a call then it is one hour OT at 10.88

on backup it is 1.50 for the whole shift unless you get a call and that is one OT. Transfers are 3-4 OT depending on where it is going and 2 OT for a fixed wing transfer. I made $13.400 last year as a basic.

emtnm

Let me give you another perspective: A few EMS departments in my area deliberately keep basic emt salaries on the lower end. Here is why: Emts are the least important assset to an ALS system. Keeping the salaries less than satisfactory encourages emts to go to Paramedic school or quit. It tends to discourage people who want to be an emt for life in a ALS system. As Dust devil said, The EMT class is nothing but a three week first aid class. View being a basic emt as the minimum requirement to drive an ambulance. Paramedics are the real players in EMS

Dont sit through a emt basic class and come to an EMS system expecting to make a million dollars and things to be your way and never cop an attitude with 20 year veteran Paramedics

Somedic sends

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.