Street names for common drugs.

...I have a'sort of' assignment to find as many valid street names for the drugs below as possible. It's for a running contest we have ...

So what is your practical for this? A shroom BBQ at your house????

Good job for going the extra mile.

You deserve extra credit and bonus points for your due diligence and research....8)

I have to admit that I didn't look at the links... but Methamphetamine is also known as 417 (The area code that "used" to produce the largest quantities of it.

Jo

I believe the 417 area code includes the I-44 corridor that is one of the main routes of transport for meth and other assorted feel goodies.

You are correct Ruff.... Maybe THAT is why Missouri is the Show-Me state.

Jo

What? No mention of the Interstate 95 corridor, or is that just for illegal interstate transport of firearms?

Someone already mentioned the catch-all name for all illegal drugs as "Dope". Some also call it "Shit" for what it does to an individual, but there are also some who call it "Recreational Pharmaceuticals".

I have lost a bunch of friends who took Dope as a Recreational Pharmaceutical, they died, and now I feel like Shit.

The computer sensored what I said, but everyone here knows what I meant.

J

Oxycontin = "Hillbilly Heroin".....just because it's cheaper to get than actual heroin, I suppose???

It is known as hillbilly heroin because it first erupted in eastern KY , were prescription opiate abuse is a new level recreational drug use in the mid to late 90s. It has been currently replaced by methadone as the DEA cracks down on Oxy. So methadone ODs coming to am ambulance near you!

Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide ( cough suppresent ) - DXM, skittles,

... Also look at this web site http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/psychoactives.shtml

Two comments, this drug used to be known, and sometimes still called, "Robo" or "Robot", for two reasons. 1 it is the primary recreational drug in robotussin. Two, it sometimes produces a dis-association with motor functions that results in a "robot" like walks called the "robo-walk".

If you are not familier with this drug, this is one of the fasted growing drugs int he high school and middle school crowd out there. And yes I know its been around for years.

Also, it is known as "tripple C" or "Contac" because major form of its abuse is OTC cough meds liek "Coricedin Cough Caps" (Hince the CCC).

I cant second this enough. While a pro drug site, this is the single best clearinghouse of diverse drug information on the net.