Does a Judge have this much power???

vcfd35s

I am not asking the judge to erase the tickets off my record. I am simply asking for permission to attend traffic school on two of those tickets so the points can be dropped. I was already informed that if permission was granted the tickets will still be on my record and still reported to my insurance but with a DMV point count of zero. I am fine with that, and am not looking for forgiveness for my tickets.

But will just having the points off your record be sufficient to gain employment? Many employers can't hire people with poor driving history's due to insurance. So if the ticket still reports to insurance, I don't know if all this trouble will help you or not.

Shane

NREMT-P

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But will just having the points off your record be sufficient to gain employment? Many employers can't hire people with poor driving history's due to insurance. So if the ticket still reports to insurance, I don't know if all this trouble will help you or not.

Shane

NREMT-P

No, its reported to MY insurance company for my private vehicle. According to the company that I want to work for, they look for points as opposed to how many tickets appear on the record. You can get tickets that dont constitute a point by the DMV, that is why they go by that system. So, if I just get the points erased then I will be ok.

I've been impressed with the quality of your posts until you laid this rotten egg.

Okay, now that I have quit laughing I can answer this.

Dust your Medic is showing.

Once again here is a Medic who thinks the world is out to do things that impress him.

Dust, you have yet to do anything that impresses me and I don't want you to, I'm impressed enough because you have chosen this proffesion and I give you all the respect you are deserved, not through words but deeds and actions.

I was trying to be lighthearted in my response,what I should have said is.

Here is the EMS community once again canabilizing it's young.

No one here knows this kids situation, he could have been followed by a cop with a "woddy" for him, to proclaim him as Jesse James over a few speeding tickets is just plain wrong.

Uh oh, it's the battle of the geezers!!! :roll:

[align=center:3ee973614d]DUSTDEVIL VS MTNMANMEDIC[/align:3ee973614d]

[align=center:3ee973614d]THE FREE FOR ALL FROM GERITOL!!![/align:3ee973614d]

[align=center:3ee973614d]I want a clean fight, no hitting with your walkers and no pulling out each other foley's![/align:3ee973614d]

[align=center:3ee973614d]OK back to your corners, take a hit off your inhaler and....[/align:3ee973614d]

[align=center:3ee973614d]LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!![/align:3ee973614d]

[align=center:3ee973614d] :lol: :headbang: :hello1: :happy1: :wav: [/align:3ee973614d]

Peace,

Marty

Dear vcfd35s,

It is obvious you have seen the errors of your ways and how your previous actions dictate your future. I feel by paying the tickets and now having to go jump through hoops to get the points dropped is a lesson learned. By requesting to go to traffic school and have the points dropped tells me you now understand how foolish your past choices were. No one here should cast any stones at you considering 99% of us probably at one point in our teenage years learned a valuable lesson by breaking the law. Lord knows I have learned quite a few lessons from my past mistakes. It's what life is about. I am just glad you didn't hurt anyone in the process.......uhhhhhh, you DIDN'T hurt anyone, did you? :shock:

Good luck with the end result and make the most of your current situation. I do truly like the idea of you going to college and obtaining more education. KUDOS to the ones who gave that advice..... 8)

vcfd35s,

I say give it a shot with the judge, What do you have to lose? and as for 3 speeding tickets; I wouldn't be to quick to judge anyone on traffic tickets, although I have never had one, I have seen how merciless cops can be when they're ticket happy.

I can't remember who said it, but it was something about at the age of 20 not having enough time to work hard for what you want. Well I disagree. Its wrong to pretend you know someone's situation and compare to your own situation.

Good luck man, hope it works out for you.

vcfd35s,

I say give it a shot with the judge, What do you have to lose? and as for 3 speeding tickets; I wouldn't be to quick to judge anyone on traffic tickets, although I have never had one, I have seen how merciless cops can be when they're ticket happy.

I can't remember who said it, but it was something about at the age of 20 not having enough time to work hard for what you want. Well I disagree. Its wrong to pretend you know someone's situation and compare to your own situation.

Good luck man, hope it works out for you.

You may have seen how merciless cops can be when they're ticket happy. But do you think that was the case on three seperate occasions? Personally, the ticket's aren't a big deal. Over the years, I've gotten a few myself. But when they're grouped together in a narrow time frame, that indicates the potential for a larger scale problem. So well an officer may be "ticket happy," you have to do something wrong in the first place for the officer to initiate the stop. I wouldn't be so quick to blame the officer for doing their job. Any time they let someone go with anything less than a warning, they are being nice. There's no mandate that they have to cut you the slack. It's a courtesy that they extend to someone. Just something to think about before you paint the cops as being the bad ones. Sure, there are bad cops. But from my experience (both on and off the job), it seems as though they're a small minority in the group. Now, if you said that all three tickets were issued by the same officer, you might have a case. I highly doubt that's the case though. And if you really don't want a ticket...don't violate a posted law in the first place. The only one to blame when you get caught is yourself.

Now all of that being said, it doesn't mean that I always do 65 in a 65...but if you get caught on multiple occasions, the common denominator just might be the person driving the car as opposed to the "ticket happy" cop.

Shane

NREMT-P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.