An increase in obese patients

ghurty

To answer the orginal post about obese people being a problem to ems workers and their health well when you decide to become a EMT whatever level you know that you are gonna have to deal with them. So grow up people and do your job and if you have a very obese patient call for back up to help lift them. Compassion and caring goes along way in the medical profession USE SOME. We cant pick and choose our pateints so we just have to deal with them as they come. So my advice is put yourself in the SHOES of your patient then see if you would want to be treated like you are treating them.

just my thoughts and 2 cents worth....

Terri

Connie this is for you we have had our ups and downs but have became good freinds I say this to you:

Some times you have to look at people from the inside and not the outside. Some people seem rude crude and totally assish on the outside but if you really take the time to get to know them and listen to what they have to say then you will more than likely find a really nice person that has alot to offer people. He really isnt such a bad guy when you take the time to know the real him.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Admin! There are just some people who are going to be nasty even when you are being nice.

Back on subject: Do you all think that ambualnces should be build for to accomodate "tater hogs" as part of a new design specification requirement or do you think that only a certain number of ambulances in a department should be "bariatric" units?

I'm all for making every unit "tater hog" capable though cost is an issue...I know!

Im interested in what you all are doing because this is a growing problem...no pun intended!

Terri: Thanks for the kind words. I was getting beat up here.

Somedic

T1: Why would I want to get to know somebody who constantly insults me, and does out in the open for everyone to see????

And he gets away with it? No reprimand, no apology, nothing? Would you want to get to know somebody like that?

I know I certainly don't.

Sorry, I might be stupid, but I'm not that stupid.

And I think the worst thing is, he gloats about it afterwards! And then he turns it around, and makes it look like HE is the victim! Unbelieveable!!!

I honestly believe he enjoys pissing me off?

T1: Why would I want to get to know somebody who constantly insults me, and does out in the open for everyone to see????

And he gets away with it? No reprimand, no apology, nothing? Would you want to get to know somebody like that?

I know I certainly don't.

Sorry, I might be stupid, but I'm not that stupid.

And I think the worst thing is, he gloats about it afterwards! And then he turns it around, and makes it look like HE is the victim! Unbelieveable!!!

I honestly believe he enjoys pissing me off?

Not on subject. Continuation of the previous. LOCKED.

Take it into PM if you want to continue with this type of dialog.