An increase in obese patients

ghurty

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is, Ruff, it DOESN'T have to be a bumpy ride at all, if somedic would just knock it off! He's being such a dick, he knows he's being a dick, and he loves to push my buttons, because he knows I'm fat.

Somehow, he thinks he's being cute, or he feels he has the right to insult fat people(and his fat patients, whom he calls "fat asses" and "tater hogs") in EMT City, and he's being allowed to get away with it!

I personally think his ass should be banned!

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way!

There are two camps here. But I don't think that he is personally singling you out with his remarks, you don't really believe that he is singling you out alone do you?

Connie: ......get out there and make yourself less and less of one every day that you have. Simple exercise like walking is great and easy to do.

Make fast food, and junk food you arch enemies. You owe it to yourself, your family and your patients.

My comments about Tater hogs, Fat asses, land whales, Jabba the Huts etc are applauded by many members on the Forum.

Move out! Break a sweat!

Somedic

Ummm, yep, I think this was directed towards me, so yes, I do feel as if he's singling me out personally. I think it's the "Connie" part at the beginning of his quote that gives it away.

I do get tired of intelligent forum topics being turned into personal vendettas.

We all have our opinions, and should be allowed to speak those opinions, but there is a level beyond which the value of a thread disappears. I think this one is at that level now. The issue that was raised is one that is important to what we do, as well as who we are. It is TOO important to become another excuse for brawling.

Can we get back to the real issue here please?

oh my here we go. It's gonna be a bumpy ride. Buckle up.

Buckles UP for the ride..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Here is ALL I am gonna say on the subject:

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

(edited X1 by ME)

Connie: So I have struck a nerve! I gave you some ideas on how to get started on the life change you apparently need and have not insulted you at all.

If you are working in the field as an EMS provider, you should be seeing daily the reasons to modify your diet and to implement a physical fitness program tailored to your needs.

As far as singling you out: Come on Connie! I have never seen you. I do not know you. In fact the only Cannucks I ever met were the ones I beat up in bar fights. In my previous posts about tater hogs, I was referring to fat patients that abuse EMS not fat EMS providers.

I've done nothing to get banned from here. I love this forum and the people here.

I think you will find that you over reacted and created unessesary drama for yourself.

If I can be of any assistance to you in your fitness quest, please let me know.

Somedic

Wow, hmmmmm, anyone for a pair of flip-flops and Pj's? Professionalism here at it's finest I see. :roll:

SO, if we're done name calling now, can we please get back on track? :)

Obviously this article is bringing to light a touchy topic of obese patients becoming a trend as well as a hazard to all EMS providers. No one would expect a landscaper to haul 300+lbs w/o proper equipment/additional personnel to assist, so why expect EMS to not address the same problem?

I wonder why somedic thinks he's entitled to give me any advice when it comes to my lifestyle?

Do I give you advice, somedic, when it comes to your big mouth???

Go pound sand, buddy.....you know where!

And people have no right to tell me not to be offended, if there's any aspect of my life that I DO NOT require advice in, it's my weight! I know I'm fat, people don't need to tell me that I'm fat, and I'll lose weight IF or WHEN I damn well please! Just because I'm fat doesn't mean I'm not human. I have feelings just like everyone else (surprise!!!)

Just because I'm fat doesn't entitle somedic and others like him to treat me or any other obese patient with disrespect. That's exactly what this thread is all about. It's about bashing fat people. I knew it was going to turn out that way then I saw the topic of the thread. How else did we think it was going to go? Did people actually think there was going to be praise for fat people in this thread??

I'm sorry if somedic has turned this into a personal pissing match, but please people, put the blame where it belongs! And it certainly isn't with me! I have a right to stick up for myself, and I don't deserve to be belittled and disrespected because of my weight.

I wasn't the one who sent this thread in the wrong direction, somedic was. And he seems to have taken great pleasure in doing so, judging from his last post, because he's STILL trying to tell me how to lose weight!

I don't need (or want) any advice from you, somedic, so how about just shutting that hole in your face?