Leaving EMS for good

LeannEMT-AI

After 15 years in fire/ems I regret to say, I am leaving EMS for good. Just today I accepted a new job in a totally different career path. It will be hard, but i feel this is what is best for me. I would bo volly but there is no volly squads here. The nearest one is 40 miles away. I am not leaving EMS because I am burnt out or anything like that. I am leaving because I am tired of the politics here. I will be a boss at my new job and I am excited. Dont get me wrong. I will miss EMS but I am doing what is best for me and my family. Be safe out there!

Leann

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd this person specifically sought out an EMS web board and joined it just to post that they are leaving EMS? :shock:

Nope, thought the same thing myself. Just didn't really care enough to reply and be negative about things. But since you mentioned, I did find it rather strange. I would feel differently if it were a change being made by a regular contributor to the forum. This time though, that is not the case. Good luck to her though. Hope it all works out.

Shane

NREMT-P

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd this person specifically sought out an EMS web board and joined it just to post that they are leaving EMS?

It is unlikely that she joined in October 06, just to post this in February 07. I would assume she chose to join EMT City, because she is an EMT. [sigh] :roll: Perhaps one could assimilate the number of inactive users to the number of users who add a little bit of negativity to each and every thread?

Actually, Leann is in chat quite often, and I find her presence welcome and enjoyable. I wish her good luck on the path she chooses.. and yes, we will leave the light on.

Thank you CD, and those of you who understand. I may not post here often but I joined this site because my best friend is also a member here and she always tole me about what a great site. Just becuause I have not posted much does not mean that I have not been here. This move from EMS was not planned. It actually just came about last month and I decided I am tired of the working 6-7 days with one off, I am tired of the politics in our hospital. So those of you who doubt me, do whatever you want to make yourselves feel better.

No I am not going anywhere, I will be on every once in a while. (Like always) HA HA HA :D .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.