FP-C and CCEMTP test

anthemt

I haven't done any extensive research on these tests yet and was hoping to ask a couple of questions. Is there a practical test with FP-C or CCEMTP test? Is the FP-C as hard as everyone says? Any other critical care certs that are considered "better" or "more elite" than these two? Thanks in advance.

You could also consider taking the ninga tactical medic, ADLS, Haz-Mat, Decon, scuba dive medic, swift water, high angle, low angle every angle rescue course and then get all the patches that go along with it and see if it makes you fell eliter.

ohh and let me know i'd be curious to know what it feel like

Ok, not quite the response I was looking for. Because there are so many critical care certs and the field is changing so much, I don't want to invest a lot of money only to hear that such and such a class is better after the fact. "Elite" means better than it's counterparts. I want to find the best (elite) class so I can be the best paramedic I can be. I was hoping to have a few questions answered without having to read through line after line of who knows what. Specifically, I'd really like to know if there is a practical test portion to the FP-C and CCEMTP exam and maybe a little info on what it involves.

It all depends on what you intend to do with these certs.

If you have no intention of flying or working on a critical care unit, there are other courses that would be worth the investment to expand your knowledge prehospitally as a medic. If you have already obtained every other cert and want to do these, then go for it.

CCEMT-P is a course.

FP-C is a test. There usually is a one day prep held the day before, but all it is, is a test.

I recommend taking CCEMT-P before even attempting FP-C.

Just keep in mind, the FP-C is only good for 2 years. There is no continuing ed to maintain it. When it expires, you must retest.

CCEMTP is a great class with a lot of great information.

FPC is a hard test. There is no practical.

If you want a taste of it, go buy the study guide. I recommend going to the NFPA web site (National Flight Paramedics Assoc).

Also, check out flightweb as you will find a link to NFPA and you will get much better responses to your questions there, as almost everyone there has taken at least one if not both of the courses.

Good Luck!

Ok, not quite the response I was looking for. Because there are so many critical care certs and the field is changing so much, I don't want to invest a lot of money only to hear that such and such a class is better after the fact. "Elite" means better than it's counterparts. I want to find the best (elite) class so I can be the best paramedic I can be. I was hoping to have a few questions answered without having to read through line after line of who knows what. Specifically, I'd really like to know if there is a practical test portion to the FP-C and CCEMTP exam and maybe a little info on what it involves.

The point I was trying to make is this: Any training you can get is good, as to what is better, if you are working as a medic for a beach patrol, I would say you want to have good practical course in say performing spinal immobilization in the surf environment, and maybe some stuff about hazardous marine life stings.

If you are working in an ICU, CCU, or as a flight medic doing long transports of cardiac patients with ballon pumps, then you might want ccemt-p. Some flight programs want you to be FP-C, others do not. My own for example doesn't care, if you have it great, if you don't no biggie.

All of our flight medics get additional critical care trauma training, as well as RSI training in the OR. So that was the point i'm trying to make.

For further info you can also go to: www.certifiedflightparamedic.org

Maryland's CCEMT-P course (which is no longer called critical care paramedic rather critical care emergency medical transport program, is an okay course.. all dependent upon where you take it. The FP-C is the only recognized critical care paramedic test.

Medicare recognizes any additional level above the D.O.T. program with a approved format can be critical care transport/paramedic level.

Yes, it is important and should be mandated for flight services and those that transport interfacility from ER to ER or ICU to ICU etc... we require such with many of patients have multiple drips, on ventilator, etc...

R/r 911

It all depends on what you intend to do with these certs.

If you have no intention of flying or working on a critical care unit, there are other courses that would be worth the investment to expand your knowledge prehospitally as a medic. If you have already obtained every other cert and want to do these, then go for it.

CCEMT-P is a course.

FP-C is a test. There usually is a one day prep held the day before, but all it is, is a test.

I recommend taking CCEMT-P before even attempting FP-C.

Just keep in mind, the FP-C is only good for 2 years. There is no continuing ed to maintain it. When it expires, you must retest.

CCEMTP is a great class with a lot of great information.

FPC is a hard test. There is no practical.

If you want a taste of it, go buy the study guide. I recommend going to the NFPA web site (National Flight Paramedics Assoc).

Also, check out flightweb as you will find a link to NFPA and you will get much better responses to your questions there, as almost everyone there has taken at least one if not both of the courses.

Good Luck!

Yea, what he said............

Definately take CCEMT-P first. Better yet, check out this new offering,

http://www.emsacademy.us/EMS/Critical+Care.../CICP+MICP.aspx

This is what CCEMT-P should have evolved into but didn't. AWESOME course!!! Mike is one of the best in the industry.......

The FP-C exam is a bitch, plain and simple. To sit for it without the basic core knowledge of critical care medicine is a complete waste of your money, time, and integrity. I only say that because if you are going to carry yourself as a "certified Flight Paramedic" then you need to know a hell of a lot more than what you will find on the test, or you are of no benefit to the patients who are truly placing their lives in your hands.

Unfortunately, too many helo agencies are taking stock in the FP-C exam being the "golden certification" to truly evaluate your critical care knowledge and capabilities. It is a test, nothing more. You will find that if you truly have the knowledge and the drive to undertake a critical care career, then most reputable organizations can see beyond those little letters behind your name. Good luck in your endeavours..............

AK - FP-C is 4 years and a C.E. recert is now available..........

http://www.certifiedflightparamedic.org/cf...l%20by%20CE.pdf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.