How much faith do you have in 9 lead ECG's

mobey

• 2 weeks later...
any reason why with an hour transport time... your service doesnt have 12-leads? Maybe im out of line.. but that seems the same as saying.. my service doesnt carry oxygen or EPI.

Oxygen??

No your not out of line, it is a very confusing system here in Saskatchewan. The reason for the lack of 12 leads is simply education. In my service we have:

2 EMT's - not trained in rythm interp

1 PCP (me) trained in 3 lead - self taught 9 lead

1 RN - not trained in rythm interp

6 EMR's - not trained in rythm interp

1 - Paramedic (formerly of Edmonton x15yrs) - Trained in 12 lead.

So you can see how a community based service could find it hard to make funds available for a 12 lead. Even if we did our paramedic is not always available. We are a BLS service with access to a paramedic on a casual basis. Unless I am on shift the patient probably won't even have a monitor put on. I know this seems insufficient but it is the reality here in rural Sask, we are actually the only service in our health region with Paramedic coverage, casual or otherwise.

And yes I can watch my dog run away for 2 days!

any reason why with an hour transport time... your service doesnt have 12-leads? Maybe im out of line.. but that seems the same as saying.. my service doesnt carry oxygen or EPI.

And that would be a fair compairson how? Oxygen and epi are treatments. A 12 lead monitor is not.

Wow, you're comparing apples to inter-dimensional spacecraft here :shock:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.