I missed this lesson in paramedic school & the fire acad

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a public outcry led to a vote they lost to AMR.

:shock: Wow! I wouldn't have seen that one coming!

How did they pull that off? Who bankrolled the opposition, AMR? What were some of the issues that got the public's attention?

Was this really a vote for AMR, or was it more of a "screw the bastards for trying to slip one past us" sort of revolt?

Regardless, score one for the good guys! =D>

I think it was a little of both and the fact they wanted more tax money and were going to charge more for transports. I always felt it was a back door way to get more money. You know the city needs another "high angle underwater confined space hazmat infared equipped search and rescue team." You never know when a trident sub might go down in the Willamette.

:roll:

Peace,

Marty

:shock: :):(

Yep, my three emotions for this video that i had already seen once before and still feel the same about.

:shock: ...for the fact that this guy was being such a selfish brat because he was obviously upset with the care being rendered in the lobby. This guy who got taken down by the FD is a text book definition of a jerk.

:| ...more or less a look of disdain for the fact that this guy was held to the ground and not one of the providers turned their attention to the patient who made herself quite comfy on the couch after a while.

:( ...is for the fact that the fireman stooped to the level of the guy being held down by kicking him after he was restrained. WTF? That just makes everyone in their field look so unprofessional and basically like.....a jerk.

I truly believe that a person can be restrained/taken down if one feels threatened or is threatened, but to kick him when he's being restrained properly? What an absolute ass. #-o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.