True statement about cheating?

WannaBEMT

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm not sure that 95% is entirely accurate. That's probably an exaggeration, but I'm pretty sure its high in EMS. It seems like there is also rumors flying about people getting booty they shouldn't be getting or giving out their own booty where it doesn't belong. If you all get what I mean. It has gotten so bad that I've seen partners (aka co-workers) split up (maybe they were, maybe they weren't ?!?) and I've even seen the volunteer firefighters keeping track of the soap opera-like EMS drauma (and that's mostly men!!!). I think, and this is in no way saying its ok, its because those who cheat may have spouses that aren't in "the business" so they naturally don't understand the stress or the hours. Plus, its easy to "become the job" and when you have a co-worker etc who is also "the job" you think you have some cosmic connection and BAM! Next thing you know you're getting freaky on your next 24! Is that too general? I don't know. I'm lucky I guess. My husband is also and EMT, but he only volunteers with the FD, but he understands that its all I've ever wanted to do, so he's understanding and supportive. I must point out though that there are just some real hotties working out there, sometimes it becomes a matter of will power. PLUS, SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST SKEEZY!!!

Hey Wannabemt, is you partner on the truck a man ? A married man ? A single man and you're married ?

If it was run, run fast and don't look back.

If it was a woman.................details !!!!!

Just kiddin !!!

Cheating does go in the EMS feild, I have seen many marriages shot to hell and I have seen many a dumb spouse that couldn't figure it out, even when they saw the survaliance video, that was given to the Capt. by the Manager of the McDonalds that the crew in the truck didn't know was there.

Yep it happened in my agency.

The crew decided that the station wasn't safe enough so they pulled into the McDonald's parking lot at 0300, 2 climbed in the back, where there was also a 3rd, couldn't really tell what was going on but the motion of the rig said it all.

The wife of one of them bought the we were showing the newbie that you can do CPR in the back of the truck story.

I don't agree with that 95%. I would say it's more like 45% which is pretty high too. The thing is most people in EMS are not married to those in it themselves. And those spouses which are not in EMS or even interested in it generally don't understand your job or your attraction to it. Therefore, you can't talk about your work day without feeling like they don't care or it's not worth explaining because they don't understand anyway. Eventually, you grow apart because you have nothing in common anymore. UNLESS, you are extremely dedicated to "family first" and making time for them which is really hard in this business because you are always either at work or at school, con-ed, taking second calls, etc.

Also, it is easy for two people who work side by side and as closely as we do to develop some sort of emotional attachment for each other. Especially when you eat, sleep and work together for 24 hrs. That being said, i think that people should switch partners as often as possible as not to develop this. Most squads will not allow you to have the same partner all the time. Just as many clash as they do clique.

It really all boils down to one thing though:

SELF-CONTROL!!!

Not many people have much of this.

Infidelity is rampant throughout the US and many other countries I suspect. A general lack of respect, maturity, and impulse control seem to be primary factors. Pretty sad state of affairs.

Take care,

chbare.

Cheating is very alive and thriving in EMS. Take a group of people who 80% are male and stick a few females in there(mind you only a few cause there's some people I STILL can't figure out...you know...the shims on EMS??). Unfortunately, this field not only lacks some morals, but maturity as well.

I am not sure that being male is a significant factor. It take the cooperation of two people. In addition, I have seen the devastating effects of infidelity in the female dominated world of nursing.

Take care,

chbare.

It definately takes two to tango. I wasn't placing blame on the guys, sorry if thats what you thought. Lord knows there's women in this field who are worse than most men. Regardless of what career, like stated above by chbare, infidelity seems to be running rampant everywhere. We just have an environment where it's easier due to long hours and seclusion.

Dust, did you ever think that maybe the 'hott chicks' were all just all pretending to be lesbians to avoid you? :wink:

Dust quoted

"I believe it is a very positive thing in EMS that enough hott chicks are actually joining the profession (using the term loosely) that we can finally begin to contemplate cheating without drastically lowering our standards!

Back in my day, you'd rather gnaw your own arm off than wake up next to any EMS chicks you worked with.

Not that any of them liked men to begin with."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.