The US President

aussiephil

President George W Bush was visiting an elementary school and he visited one of the classes. They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.

The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the discussion on the word "tragedy".

So the illustrious leader asked the Class for an example of a "tragedy".

One little boy stood up and offered: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs over him ! and kills him, that would be a 'tragedy'".

" No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."

A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying fifty children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not," explained the President "That's what we would call a great loss."

The room went silent. No other children volunteered.

George searched the room.

"Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of tragedy?"

Finally, at the back of the room, a small boy raised his hand...In a quiet voice he said: "If the aeroplane carrying you and Mrs Bush was struck by a "friendly fire" missile and blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy.

"Fantastic!" exclaimed George W. Bush. "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"

"Well," says the boy "It has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be a fu**ing accident either."

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If you read carefully, you'll see Phil has adapted this joke from one concerning the Aussie Prime Minister. Properly edited it could fit just about any head of state.

I thought it was quite funny, myself.

Phil, "The View" is a daytime TV show here in the States hosted by some women who like nothing more than to hear themselves talk.

-be safe

The real point to this whole joke is that jokes can be made like this because brave American, Austrailian, and British troops are dying every day for you to have the freedom to poke fun at a head of state and not worry about you and your family being incinerated..........

Somedic

The real point to this whole joke is that jokes can be made like this because brave American, Austrailian, and British troops are dying every day for you to have the freedom to poke fun at a head of state and not worry about you and your family being incinerated..........

Somedic

Brave troops are dying and they shouldn't be because they are there on a lie.

We all have the right to have our own opinions & freely express them, if i offended anyone i apologise.

Yes Mike, you were right, but I moidified it because I thought people would probably not understand it the way it was written, & thanks, now I know about the view.

Phil

Brave troops are dying and they shouldn't be because they are there on a lie.

We all have the right to have our own opinions & freely express them, if i offended anyone i apologise.

Yes Mike, you were right, but I moidified it because I thought people would probably not understand it the way it was written, & thanks, now I know about the view.

Phil

I believe the reason that troops are their has been shown to be misinformed. If an arguement (with war or otherwise) has been shown to have strong disagreement or out right admittance to be in disagreement. The rational person should re-rationalize their stance. The thinking man should re-think their stance. A thinking human being should listen to what is being said and (please entertain me at the minimum) should agree with the rational thinking is on global politics.

Generally speaking the world isn't wrong.

At least question things...In the end that may be the problem...People don't question issues...

Somedic

In which case I think it would be a bigger tragedy to censor ourselves than it would be to celebrate the freedoms we have. Censoring ourselves means that those who have fought died in vain. Celebrating the freedoms we have celebrates the lives and sacrifices of those who have fought and died.

Just a thought.

-be safe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.