Dispatched as CPR in progress, end up as an RMA

ghurty

How many of you have had a call dispatched as a "CPR in progress" and end up taking an RMA on the call?

It happened to me the other night.

The call goes out as a CPR in progress, upon arrving on the scene there was a party going on. We noticed that it was strange that no one paid us any attention. The "patient" was wide awake (a little drunk though). When we got to the porch we find the "patient" laying outside (40 degree weather) with almost nothing on.

After a asking a few questions we finally got the story.

It turns out that everyone in the house was stoned. When they noticed one of the party goers was laying on the floor, so they decided that she was not breathing and had no pulse, so they called 911, and one of them decided that she knew CPR so she started it. After attempting CPR for a few minutes, (why they had to take off her clothes, I don't understand), they decided that they were unsuccessful, so they dragged her out side so that she wouldnt interfere with the rest of the party. Then of course they went back inside. The "patient" (or should I say victim) woke up by herself and just decided to stay laying there on the porch.

I guess it is good to have such caring friends. She is lucky they didnt kill her by accident.

About a week and a half ago I was part of a number of standby crews our company had at the National Finals Rodeo when one of the university police officers runs up to us and said "one of the female parking lot attendants just got hit in the north lot." My partner and I respond and I radio first aid (where our "dispatch" for the event was) advising we're on our way to a possible auto-ped in the north lot. We're hauling ass across the property and arrive at the north lot entrance where there's a small group of university police officers with a lady in a reflective neon vest sitting in a chair with a bloody lip. Per one of the officers: "This is Mary (name changed to protect the innocent lol). She was working traffic control in the north lot when she was punched in the face by a man who got out of his car."

I guess *technically* she *was* hit in the north lot... :roll:

I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve been called to someone who is ‘dead’ but we never do find them lol.

I worked a Rave Party Event, a man came running up to the medical centre stated that the person in the tent next door to him hadn’t moved for a couple of hours. Myself and another member responded, upon arrival in the tent we found that it was a dummy a person had set up to make it look like someone was in his tent while he was on the dance floor. While I was climbing into the tent the head fell off so we decided to be smart asses and call it in as a trauma arrest with loss of limb, I have never seen some many doctors and ambulances rush to a scene so fast lol.

I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve been called to someone who is ‘dead’ but we never do find them lol.

It's even more fun when you *do* find them lol. Arrive on scene and see a guy matching the patient description from the call walking out of a restroom to his waiting wife after washing his hands. Told him, "Sir, you look pretty good for someone who is unconscious and not breathing." :D

Timmy, are your rave events different than those in the us? Usually when someone says Rave they mean an undergroud party with drugs and sex and all that.

I think our terminology is different as we in the states would never know when a rave was goin on until either a dead guy call came in, the police raided it or one of our kids needed to be picked up and brought home.

Tell me what your rave's consist of?

Timmy, are your rave events different than those in the us? Usually when someone says Rave they mean an undergroud party with drugs and sex and all that.

I think our terminology is different as we in the states would never know when a rave was goin on until either a dead guy call came in, the police raided it or one of our kids needed to be picked up and brought home.

Tell me what your rave's consist of?

Uk point of view

musical event usually in a building / circus tent thingy, electronic music not performed live one or more genre of 'house', nominally drug free but full of people ripped to the tits on speed, MDMA or Ketamine

usually legit these days although the illicit party scen is up and running i nthe uk again

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.