graduation from emt/ or paramedic school

thecroc

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished up EMT-B class, and we didn't do anything. Quite truthfully, most of us are waiting until we take the written NREMT test before we start too much celebrating. Yeah, we passed the class, but until we have our grubby little hands on the license, we can't do anything with the training.

/me puts on grammar nazi hat.

Your wrong Dust. It should be "It is licence [brit spelling, but what do they know about English?], not license." Adding the "a" makes the licence/se particularly about the NREMT certification. The problem is that NREMT hands out certifications, not licences.

It should be "It is licence [brit spelling, but what do they know about English?], not license." Adding the "a" makes the licence/se particularly about the NREMT certification.

Hmmm... I can't quite figure out what you are trying to say I was wrong about. But ooooooookay.... :?

It's a licence, not a license.

That was meant for both of you. :D

My hero!!! What are you, British?! :P

li·cense /ˈlaɪsəns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lahy-suhns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -censed, -cens·ing.

–noun 1. formal permission from a governmental or other constituted authority to do something, as to carry on some business or profession.

2. a certificate, tag, plate, etc., giving proof of such permission; official permit: a driver's license.

3. permission to do or not to do something.

4. intentional deviation from rule, convention, or fact, as for the sake of literary or artistic effect: poetic license.

5. exceptional freedom allowed in a special situation.

6. excessive or undue freedom or liberty.

7. licentiousness.

8. the legal right to use a patent owned by another.

–verb (used with object) 9. to grant authoritative permission or license to.

li·cence (lī'səns) Pronunciation Key

n. & v. Chiefly British

Variant of license.

In Missouri it's a licence.. no matter which way you spell it.... the National Registry part of it though IS a certification.. Even for us Show Me Staters...

Jo