Easiest $162.60 I've ever made in my life

akroeze

The following is a note I attached to an OT form we have explaining why we should get the money, since it sounds suspicious that I got a "walkin" that then conveniently cancelled :D

We get 4hrs at 1.5time for this.

Paramedic Kroeze was at the base when a resident rang the doorbell. The resident was requestion our services at a house near to the base which was pointed out to the Paramedic. He was advised that there was a pt "Shaking a lot, maybe having a seizure or something." He advised the resident that we would attend ASAP and immediately phoned dispatch to notify them for a page to call back his partner.

Paramedic Kroeze pulled 6093 out of the garage in order to meet his partner at the road. While doing this, the original complainant returned and advised him that our services were no longer required. The complainant advised that the pt was "Just intoxicated" and that they no longer wanted our services. Paramedic Kroeze offered no less than three times to the complainant to assess the pt anyway which were all refused. Paramedic Kroeze ensured complainant was advised to not hesitate to call the emergency number if our assistance was needed.

Paramedic Kroeze then radioed dispatch advising them of the complainant's desire to cancel their request for service. Dispatch offered to send a cancellation page, however Paramedic XXXXX had just arrived at this time therefore no page was necessary.

Partner's name removed for privacy.

:)

I always liked when you got notified and cancelled in the same page. Partner called in for a run number and the next morning told me we struck gold.

That's a good point, I DID have to go through the tedious process of changing into my uniform... that was a lot to do for that pocket change. Woulr maybe be more worth it if I didn't have to even get up :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I love it, you gotta love the easy OT. I once worked a convention for science teachers. 12 hrs OT not a single problem. To make it better shift started at 0600, convention didn't start until 0900. Spent first 3 hrs sleeping in first aid room. :)

P.S. Scored some cool swag from the expo area.

I had a cushy standby that I got paid separately from my paycheck.

Worked the Allis Chambers farm expo near Independence mO. I got paid hourly from my company yet the organizers also paid me. Made over 500 bucks for two days of standby and I had 0 patients.

did it again the following year for 4 days and made 1200. The company said that what they paid me extra was money in my bank. SWEET

The last time I worked the NYC Marathon, I worked about 12 hours at time and a half pay on my day off, to stand, sit, and walk a medical patrol around a block long section of street bordering Central Park. No patients in my sector, thank you very much.

Of course, on my own time, I was the first in to an overturned car on the highway, on my journey home. Can't ignore something that happens less than 100 feet ahead of you, can you?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.