Use of Tazers by the Police

NREMT-Basic

Please anyone don't don't state your opinion based on your career as a Police officer and actual application of the law based on the teaching of government agencies....NREMT-basic's experince doing ride outs, security work and his dads work with the a police department make him more of an authorty that you....I recieved the following PM ....

POSTING OF PM'S YOU RECEIVED IS NOT ALLOWED. REMOVED - ADMIN

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ORIGINAL POST HAD THIS PART REMOVED - ADMIN

Who exactly are you talking to??

After watching the video a couple of times and then watching some tazer training videos, i think the police were justified in what they did. For all the same reasons dust stated..

Also after watching several videos including the manufacturers trainin video it seems to me like the from the time a person gets tazed to the time they regain their full composure is about 30 seconds to 1 minute. If that is in fact the case than it would not be untreasonable to suspect that someone could be tazed six times in 10 minutes and be fighting in between tazer jolts. Also from what I saw on the admittedly crappy video is that when the police tried to stand the guy up he began fighting/flailing wildly. Perhaps that was annother reason the tazer was used.

I also don't believe that the police officers should have to identify themselves with their badge number to anyone that asks at any time, especially to a bunch of punk kids in a situation like that. They have enought to deal with already.

I admit though I am not an expert on tazers or the law and this is just my opinion.

Yeah, seriously. I thought CDN Bacon was going bipolar on us or something. That was seriously confusing.

But, minus 50 points for quoting a PRIVATE MESSAGE in the public forum.

That's the lowest of lows, dude. You should be banned for that. You lost all my respect.

But, minus 50 points for quoting a PRIVATE MESSAGE in the public forum.

Id normally agree with you Rob, but if the PM is from who i think it is, this person would rather argue with you in a PM then discuss it in open forum, so essentially you can get rebutted and have no course of recall.

The bloke who doing the PM'ing should be posting in the forum rather than debating in public but then arguing in private

So ill let bacon go with this one :wink:

I was unaware of the rules of the PM..thats my fault...I just assumed that if you don't want it to bite you in the ass don't put it in print .....much the way the real world works...I am hard pressed to receive a disrespectful unsolicited PM and do nothing...

If the worse thing I do today is call out someone who'd rather hide behind a PM than openly discuss their opinion then so be it.....

This will likely be my last post as I have received another PM from the originator of the previous PM hiding behind Mommy's skirt sticking out their tongue letting me know that I have violated the rules and he is going to tell on me and get me banned.........whatever...I stand behind my original post on this topic

I was unaware of the rules of the PM..thats my fault...

Dude, that's simple Internet 101 stuff right there.

Always read the rules.

Never take private matters public without permission, unless, of course, the other party is himself in violation and harassing you or something. It's just really bad manners. And whining about getting spanked when you were clearly in the wrong does nothing to redeem you here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.