Are people truly still this foolish?

DwayneEMTP

Regarding the use of PPE in response to AIDS patients -

It may make the responder feel better about his/her own personal safety, but the fact of the matter is that we who have normal immune responses pose a much greater threat to an AIDS patient than an AIDS patient poses to us. With the use of PPE, it can certainly be explained with compassion that this is for the patients protection so that we do not inadvertantly expose them to organisms they may be unable to defend against.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the use of PPE in response to AIDS patients -

It may make the responder feel better about his/her own personal safety, but the fact of the matter is that we who have normal immune responses pose a much greater threat to an AIDS patient than an AIDS patient poses to us. With the use of PPE, it can certainly be explained with compassion that this is for the patients protection so that we do not inadvertantly expose them to organisms they may be unable to defend against.

Thank you. This was the one thing going through my head while I was reading this thread. I'm glad someone else had the same mind set.

thought-provoking

"If you went in search of it, you would not find the boundaries of the soul though you traveled every path, so deep is its measure." ~ Heraclitus (6th century BC)

without you

On the other hand, suffering edema and mistrusting doctors, he "covered himself with cow-dung, hoping to cause the wet to evaporate from him, by the warmth that this produced. And as he did himself no go good in this way, he died."

Oh, well.

The bottom line on all this is:

1.Poofs the world over are gaining "protected" minority status.

2. Don't let your career be compromised by a gay person. Its not worth it and your co-workers will be laughing at you in the end. You will be considered GUILTY until proven innocent.

3. Treat everyone with courtesy and leave personal prejudices home.

4. PPE... use it at all times. but be reasonable with it.

5. Know that for every one patient that does tell you he has AIDS/HIV that there are countless patients that may not tell you at all..hence universal precautions.

Peace, Love and Equality for all,

SOMEDIC

The bottom line on all this is:

1.Poofs the world over are gaining "protected" minority status.

2. Don't let your career be compromised by a gay person. Its not worth it and your co-workers will be laughing at you in the end. You will be considered GUILTY until proven innocent.

3. Treat everyone with courtesy and leave personal prejudices home.

Man, I hope you're at home right now....

Dwayne

I'd also add that in my past experience a patient tells you about a disease they have in order to help you protect yourself is that that revelation took some courage. My co-workers would also agree to this as well.

Treating and transporting patients with conditions like the one presented here on this thread is an EMS fact of life. I cannot understand the overreaction and unprofessionalism of the two "ambulance drivers" mentioned at the start of this thread

With every best wish,

SOMEDIC

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.