ASA OD

Shelbmedic

Sodabic is pretty much indicated in this situation (AHA class II a) acceptable and probably helpful, initial dose of 1ml/kg and then .5ml/kg repeats. and I think that it would probably be first line of choice for us. agreed though, without arterial blood gas it would be a gutsy call to make. otherwise pretty much treat symptomatically. I may have thought of respiratory support for the acidosis

Hello,

Cool case. I once had as a patient who overdosed on Fiorinal tabs (ASA/Butalbital/Caffine). He took it because he had an old closed head injury and it helped stabilize his mood. His levels had been quite high and he required dialysis.

It has been awhile so I google ASA overdoses to remind myself of all the things that I have forgotten. I found a great tox reference at the following web site.

http://www.yrbhp.markham.on.ca/pdfs/Pharma...acology2001.pdf

Thank you,

David

people who hear voices in their head, telling them to do something, need to grow some balls and just tell those voices to shut up

Ok you obviously don't no Ca Ca about mental illnesses...do you really think people with a mental illness likes to live that way --do you think they chose their illness? so if they could only" grow some balls" they could get better. Wow the American Psychiatric Association could really use a man of your insights and intelligents. Of all the people they've tried to cure with medicine and therapy--when only they had to grow a couple of hairy ones. :roll:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.