R-aid medical pack

No, but I want my volunteer department to look into changing equipment bags. I read an article recently in JEMS or EMS or some magazine about how bad shoulder bags are and that back packs style are much better.

Our Medical Response Team for our building has a few of the BlackHawk medic bags, the more expensive one, which I tried to tell them was too much for us. We did not need the bells and whistles.

Do you have a link?

SSG: Try www.tacmedsolutions.com.

This pack looks like a "just the basics" pack for tactical field care. I like the look of it so far because you can mount it on top of a ruck sack as well as carry it as a stand alone aid bag/pack

Somedic

I have seen that site, but I haven't seen that bag in use yet.

It certainly appears to have utilitarian functional potential. Looks about the size of the old M5, which I liked, with some minor complaints. Neither the M5 nor this bag appear to be built for comfort, that's for sure. But I like the zipper layout of this bag much better than the M5 which was a major pain in the arse, as were the straps. I like that you can access this bag while wearing it, as opposed to having to take it off and lay it down.

Looks like it would be a good, HSLD aid bag for those out in the field.

Dust: The design of the old M-5 bag brings back memories! I always figured that the person that designed the thing never had to use it. The straps were a definite torture to users on a light patrol. I often mounted my M-5 under the top flap of my ruck sack. I liked the amount of gear you could carry in the M-5 but little else .

Thanks for the input here.

Somedic

• 2 weeks later...

Thres a company called plat-a-tac her in aus, and im sure they make a version of the M5 here - might be cheap after conversion rates for you as well

I have a stat packs and if there other items are as well made as the one i have...the others should be made very well, though i dont know about the layouts of the others:S

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.