Mounted EMS

Timmy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your thoughts of Mounted EMS horses?

Is anyone a Mounted EMS Responder/Medic?

Answer to question #1. I like the idea, it is great for some areas. In fact, Lake -Sumter EMS has an equestrian team for standbys.

Answer to question #2. Although this is personal, I do like to mix it up and occassionally allow her to mount me. :lol: 8)

Its an idea that certainly has potential, though i would not expect anything less than the expensive training police mounts use - especially in terms of minimising risk to the public. There would be a prohibitive ongoing cost in the up-keep there i as well. Bikes/motorcycles are probably a better option, but i guess it depends on how often or where your going to use them

Everything in life can not be serious my friend.

However, I did answer your first question with all seriousness, as for the second question, remember it was YOU who did the asking. Maybe it needs rephrasing. Always consider your audience when asking such questions of importance, especially the ones who are in EMS as we are a bunch of rude, crude, gruesome lot.

I have never scene horse mounted EMS. I have seen bikes. I read somewhere recent of a jurisdiction that was getting Segways for special events.

Sorry to have taken the humorous route on the first reply. I just cold not resist!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.